• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Must Vent

I'm hungry and dining hall food sux. I'm hungry and I only have stale chips to eat. I'm hungry and too lazy to find food...love the college life. Someone feed me. :rolleyes:

SillyWabbit said:
Novella: HUH? Are you still taking your drugs? I don't post about books or not "into" books? I don't own a TV. ALL i do is read. I do, in fact, post about books. Go look through my posts :p

Martin, Halo, and bunnyman, you may now kick me. Next time I say that you all don't post about books, you can stick a rude sign on my back too. I think we must look at different threads or something.

People that refuse to park in a regular space at a store, and instead leave their car in the fire lane piss me off to no end. Last night there was a Mercedes parked in front of the grocery store with one of those tiny little chihuahua's (spelling?) in it. All I could do was hope the little doggie really had to pee and would let it go all over the drivers seat. :eek:

These people who feel they are so above the rest of us that they can just leave their car anywhere they choose are assholes. Park in a true parking place and get your fat ass a little exercise you lazy f'n bastard. How hard is it to walk an extra 50 feet you complete butthead? Why do you feel you are so much more important than I am that you can have any open space at your disposal turdface?

Hey....I do feel a bit better now. Thanks.

SillyWabbit said:
Or you only see what you want to and then judge others because you feel your better than them?

No. For one thing, Martin hides his reviews in the review section. :p For another, as I explained to Halo, I didn't know she was a moderator. For another, your tastes in literature and mine don't cross very often (though they do occasionally), which is what I was pointing out above.

I'm not judging anyone. Can you please turn down your sensitivity meter just a tiny bit?

Motokid said:
People that refuse to park in a regular space at a store
Really. What makes those people think they're special? Laziness? Or they just need ONE item? I don't care if you just need to get a gallon of ice cream. What's wrong with parking the car in a spot and walking just a few steps more to get your ONE item? If I were a police officer, I would wait for those people, and give them tickets all day long.

I say that all the time. "If I were a cop,..." This could almost be another thread. The two criminals I would crack down on the most would be people with trucks that have no mufflers or loud mufflers and people with loud sound systems. No one wants to know how loud your truck can be, and the same goes for your sound system. It's not cool. It makes you look completely ignorant. If I were a cop, I would sit at intersections and wait for those people and people running red lights.

i can't stand people who kick or kneel into the back of my seat on the bus. it drives me nuts, it's very distracting while i'm trying to read. nevermind the babbling teenagers that can't carry on a conversation without shouting. or people who leave their used coffee cups and other garbage on the bus. how lazy and disgusting are you that you can't be bothered to take your garbage off the bus? there are garbage cans at almost every bus stop over here.

Motokid said:
People that refuse to park in a regular space at a store

And don't forget the non-disabled people who use the disabled parking spots! Oooo, that pisses me right off!!!

Jenem said:
yes- it's infuriating at the theatre! people are such ignorant boobs

My pet peeve is when the bloke next to you decides he must have both arm rests to be comfortable. As far as I'm concerned it depends what side of the cinema you're on - if you're on the left side, it makes sense you should have the left armrest, and vice versa.

And don't even get me started on the armrest struggle in an aeroplane!

Kookamoor said:
My pet peeve is when the bloke next to you decides he must have both arm rests to be comfortable. As far as I'm concerned it depends what side of the cinema you're on - if you're on the left side, it makes sense you should have the left armrest, and vice versa.

And don't even get me started on the armrest struggle in an aeroplane!

Oh no it can get even worse...when the person behind you on a plane decides to put his feet on your armrest. :eek:

my worst theatre experience. we went to see saving private ryan and 4 drunk service men from base gagetown were behind us. they started cracking jokes when the men started to come off those boats and were getting mowed down by the germans. they went on and on and on and finally i turned around and told them to shut the **** up!!! they did for a bit and then they started up again so i went and had them kicked out. i am rarely confrontational but sometimes other people's rudeness just makes me go insane.

Martin said:
Hey, hey, some of us have long legs, you know?! :p
Indeed :rolleyes:

I can't stand an infantile audience. All those silly jokes during film's projection get on my nerves.

Martin said:
Hey, hey, some of us have long legs, you know?! :p

Cheers

Completely understandable. You have an undisputable right to stretch your legs onto my armrest. But then I claim the right to jab your foot with sharp objects....those plastic forks are quite effective. ;)

Back