• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New...from NJ

judianne

Hi, everyone!
I just found this forum and it sounded perfect for me! More book addicts to share with...:D

Judy

Hi and welcome Judianne. Share with the rest of the class: What do you like to read, and what other hobbies do you have?(I know one, but they don't):whistling:

Well, fellow yarny:lol:....I'm a crochet addict...have also recently taught myself the basics of knitting. I speak enough French to get into trouble (with a TY to the nuns in High School back in the day). I've been a voracious reader since I was old enought to walk to Bushwick library in Brooklyn when I was 7 or so.
Always read Biographies from day one, no fluff....but now I read everything with the exception of sci-fi (though I did read Under the Dome, by SK) or courtroom dramas. Anything with spice, mystery, new age, espionage...you name it, and I'll read it.:D

Well, fellow yarny:lol:....I'm a crochet addict...have also recently taught myself the basics of knitting. I speak enough French to get into trouble (with a TY to the nuns in High School back in the day). I've been a voracious reader since I was old enought to walk to Bushwick library in Brooklyn when I was 7 or so.
Always read Biographies from day one, no fluff....but now I read everything with the exception of sci-fi (though I did read Under the Dome, by SK) or courtroom dramas. Anything with spice, mystery, new age, espionage...you name it, and I'll read it.:D

I have vivid memories of the library when I was a wee one.

And I read everything too...including science fiction.

Welcome to BAR! :)

Hi Judy, welcome to BAR!
Who's your favorite author?
Thanks for the welcome...
Hmmm....fav author:confused:
That has changed over the years. I loved reading Mary Stewart (Merlin stories in the late 70's). I read some romance until I discovered a female author who had a gift for combining romance with suspense (her name escapes me....lots of years...and too many books ago:lol:). I've read a few of Michner's books, beginning around the time I graduated from HS.
Then I discovered Tom Clancy...and was hooked on his books (once he learned to leave much of the techno stuff in the circular file). James Patterson's Murder Club series was fun for a while...as are Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles Mysteries.

So....the short answer: if it's a well-written book I'll give it a shot, even if I've never read the author.
Can you tell I have ADD?:lol::lol:

Thanks for the welcome...
Hmmm....fav author:confused:
That has changed over the years. I loved reading Mary Stewart (Merlin stories in the late 70's). I read some romance until I discovered a female author who had a gift for combining romance with suspense (her name escapes me....lots of years...and too many books ago:lol:). I've read a few of Michner's books, beginning around the time I graduated from HS.
Then I discovered Tom Clancy...and was hooked on his books (once he learned to leave much of the techno stuff in the circular file). James Patterson's Murder Club series was fun for a while...as are Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles Mysteries.

So....the short answer: if it's a well-written book I'll give it a shot, even if I've never read the author.
Can you tell I have ADD?:lol::lol:

From what you said I thought of Sandra Brown. Is it?
I like James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series too but I've only read the first too books.
Do I detect a preference for thriller and suspense books?

From what you said I thought of Sandra Brown. Is it?probably 20 years before SB..Hmmmm. McGinnis....no...something like that, though
I like James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series too but I've only read the first too books.
Do I detect a preference for thriller and suspense books?

Most definitely:lol:

Back