• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Look

Oh - right. Sorry, Pontalba. ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f298_tnbskts_Smilies_hide.gif ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f298_tnbskts_Smilies_flowers.gif

I know the feeling - I use the ID Albion at quite a few sites and am forever being referred to as "he."

Oh - right. Sorry, Pontalba. ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f298_tnbskts_Smilies_hide.gif ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f298_tnbskts_Smilies_flowers.gif

I know the feeling - I use the ID Albion at quite a few sites and am forever being referred to as "he."
LOL s'ok, I wondered who you meant, I thought you meant Sparky, but the numbers didn't jive...I'm slow tonight. :D

Is there no way of hiding my spoor? I'm not sure I want people seeing where I've been. It might interfere with my terrorist plots. I mean, erm, random acts of terrorism. No. Kindness.

Speaking of editing posts (continuing a conversation from the previous page), I just went back to one of my posts after 20 minutes and couldn't edit it. Would it be too much to ask for the limit to be extended to a couple of hours or something? This is a forum for people who really appreciate the written word, and it's frustrating to basically not be able to edit posts. Surely disgruntled people and other malcontents can't do too much damage to their old posts if the editing limit is extended to a couple of hours or even half a day.

Speaking of which, I just went back to one of my posts after 20 minutes and couldn't edit it. Would it be too much to ask for the limit to be extended to a couple of hours or something? This is a forum for people who really appreciate the written word, and it's frustrating to basically not be able to edit posts.

The time limit is 15 minutes. If you want it changed, contact a mod and we'll see what can be done.

I know the time limit is 15 minutes. I was asking for it to be extended a bit. I don't want to bother the mods every time I want to edit a post, but it just struck me that 15 minutes is overkill if the problem is that you don't want to have malcontents deleting all their old posts.

I don't mind the new layout, but it's the default style for every single vBulletin board out there. It's not fresh as the last skin was. I thought the brown was nice. :)

Can that skin be made available as an option?

So I guess I'm left unanswered then? Cool. I'll take that as a "no"...

I do like the blue on blue, but the greenish/icky color at the top band could easily go away. No, I know that isn't the exact shade, the shade of the bands at the top are more a pukey teal.

Couldn't that be changed to navy, or something that'd be a little more aesthetically pleasing?

Yes, the dull teal is weak.
Although I like the forum layout, I prefer the previous color scheme. If anyone wants to see the older colors used in the headers and menus, check my Book & Reader album.

A bit of background information regarding the "edit" time limit.

When I first joined, we had some *disagreeable* characters who often clashed with each other or myself. What would happen is that if you reported some one, what you've posted about may no longer be there as they might have gone back and changed it. The time limit was set to prevent that from happening. As we no longer have some of those folks around, I doubt it would be an issue if the time limit was eliminated.

The edit time limit was not there originally when I joined-it would be nice to go back and fix some of the mistakes a member left behind. Lord knows that I leave quite a few myself.:D

I am undecided on the time limits. For now if you need to edit after the time limit then you can get a mod to do it for you.

For now if you need to edit after the time limit then you can get a mod to do it for you.

Fair enough; honestly, I can't believe that I haven't considered that option before.:lol:

Back