• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Olympics

Martin said:
That's kinda sad, actually.

Cheers

It is. Hence the leet haxxor kiddies being universally derided, and their language being used only in ironic intent.

Watercrystal: l33tsp34k isn't that rare - play any game over the internet (games as in commercial releases, not Martin's glorious finds from the dark corners of the internet) and you'll encounter someone using it, either due to its gamer in-joke status or simply because they're muffinheads.

I heard that GB won another medal today. Scottish cyclist or something. Which is good, I guess, though I'm really not that bothered.

Themistocles said:
I heard that GB won another medal today. Scottish cyclist or something.

The media up here says stuff like that (Scottish) - it's Team GB; they are, in the context of this competition, British. :)

Abulafia said:
The media up here says stuff like that (Scottish) - it's Team GB; they are, in the context of this competition, British. :)

Piffling details old bean! It matters not to me anyway, as I have precisely no nationalistic pride whatsoever. Jingoism irritates me immensely.

Team GB's a crappy name anyway. It sounds like something cheerleaders would say. What's wrong with plain old Great Britain?

Shame, 2004 Athens Olympics

Anyone knows about this?
r96665195.jpg

Spectators boo and gesture thumbs down after the score for Russian gymnast Alexei Nemov were announced during the men's horizontal bar final at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games, August 23, 2004. Nemov brought the Olympic horizontal bar competition to a standstill on Monday after the crowds jeered and booed the judges for his score for nearly 10 minutes. Reuters

Very angry. :mad:

But the audience were amazing. I'd never seen anything like that before.

Martin said:
I missed that - what happened exactly?

Cheers
The crowd were not happy with the score given to Nemov, they protested for about 10 minutes and so his score was recalculated by the judges, who changed it from 9.725 to 9.762.

As an aside, Skelton went clear on his last round, so both he and Smith are through to the individual final on Friday :D

Back