• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pet Hates. This is Room 101.

My pets hate oranges. I know guinea pigs are reputed to love them, but two out of three give all orange pieces a very wide berth in their enclosure. The one that likes them, even waits a while before he'll go near a piece. But they LOVE bell peppers.:)

abecedarian said:
And you let the pig live? :eek: I think I would have loudly called for pork chops for dinner. Ewww.

This was a petted pot-bellied pig. I think it was wearing a rhinestone necklace or something. I'm just glad it didn't bite. Can you imagine consuming a pig that had just eaten your toes?

StillILearn said:
Once somebody's pot-bellied pig snuck up on me and started sucking on my toes. I wouldn't say that I actually hated it, but it isn't something that I'd wish to experience again.

OMG, I think I know that guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kimmy~
People that write 'your' instead of 'you're' when trying to say 'you are'.... completely maddening..

Today I hate people who criticize other people's grammar

And then go on to call them 'that' instead of 'who'.

I HATE when I sit down to watch my favourite TV show and it's been cancelled due to a hockey or football game. In fact, I hate ALL televised sports!!:mad: ;)

Good one pink shadow.

Why can't Neanderthal ball-game lovers have their own channel. Ball games includes sex. ;)

Into room 101 with sports.

jaybe said:
Quote:
People that write 'your' instead of 'you're' when trying to say 'you are'.... completely maddening..

:D :D :D :D

jaybe said:
Quote:

~People that generalize~

I'm not criticizing ALL people who can't spell or on their grammar, as I'm one of them. I said what my pet hate was. Nothing else.

SFG75 said:
People who have use "smorgasboard" in a sentence.:rolleyes: :mad: :mad:
...especially when that sentence is "Genuine Chinese smorgasbord".

American coffee. Seriously, folks, there's a lot of really good things about America, and I'm even prepared to admit that you have a couple of good beers - but why do you insist on calling hot brown water "coffee"? No wonder you invented "one large coffee to go" - the only way to stay caffeinated on that stuff is to drink constantly from the minute you get up. Coffee is supposed to be hot, black, and STRONG.

beer good said:

American coffee. Seriously, folks, there's a lot of really good things about America, and I'm even prepared to admit that you have a couple of good beers - but why do you insist on calling hot brown water "coffee"? No wonder you invented "one large coffee to go" - the only way to stay caffeinated on that stuff is to drink constantly from the minute you get up. Coffee is supposed to be hot, black, and STRONG.

LOL-I know what you mean beer. We Americans will swill warmed brown water that is made from crap robusto beans. Coffee is supposed to be sweet, not naturally bitter, but many don't know that as they're use to drinking crap their whole lives(dont' even get me started on cigars in the states and the popularity of short-fil white owls, swisher-sweets, and garbage like that) It's all gourmet for me.

LOL-I'm chuckling a bit as I'm remembering "The Bonnie Situation" from Pulp Fiction. "Dang Jimmy, this is some fancy gourmet $hit."; "Knock it off Julius.....":D LOL-Thanks beergood, now I'm laughing way too early in the morning.

SFG75 said:
LOL-I know what you mean beer. We Americans will swill warmed brown water that is made from crap robusto beans. Coffee is supposed to be sweet, not naturally bitter, but many don't know that as they're use to drinking crap their whole lives(dont' even get me started on cigars in the states and the popularity of short-fil white owls, swisher-sweets, and garbage like that) It's all gourmet for me.
Yer welcome. I remember when I thought I had "Mulholland Drive" all figured out.
Right before Naomi Watts' character kills herself, she makes coffee. She fills the pot with water and puts about two small scoops into the filter. Then she shoots herself, and frankly, I think I would too if I had to face getting through the day on something that watered-down.
:D

I always liked the old Lapland recipe for coffee: pour one cup of water into a pot. Add same amount of coffee and let boil. Then add a rusty nail. If the nail doesn't float, add more coffee.

beer good said:

Evidently you have not tried CDM coffee and chicory. :cool:
I agree though, I can't drink the coffee that is served out unless it is at the Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. I brew it at home. Adding extra chicory helps too, and is good for the digestion. FYI :D
But no milk please!

edit: just saw your recipe for coffee! LOL sounds good to me! Almost as good as CDM! :D

Back