• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pet Hates. This is Room 101.

Take the following to Room 101 and get O'Brien.

Drivers on cell phones
Drivers blocking cross traffic
Customer service workers that use an incredulous tone of voice in responding to your complaints
Evangelists, televised and the door-to-door variety
People who try to sneak in more items at the grocery __ items or less checkout
CEOs​

Hmm... pet peeves...

I suppose when people are always talking on their cell phones.

Lately female students who ask the male professors to let us get out of class early (i.e. MTV campus invasion, nice outside, etc.). I could care less about whether MTV is giving a concert with their lousy sponsored bands because I prefer other types of music. I have no desire to go outside because it's nice since I burn too easily.

Girls who are so blinded by their jealousy and hate for a girl whom is perceived to be the reason for her break-up with her boyfriend. Threatening to hurt my friend because of me will not put me in a good mood.

Oh, and I cannot forget the Archie Bunker comments that my Dad makes from time to time.

First of all: I HATE ticks!! I was lying on the grass earlier, reading, (this is no wild fieldgrass, this is well-tended grass) and suddenly a tick comes crawling across the page, and it was so tiny I barely saw it. I hate them! They've ruined nature for me!

I also hate when people, my brother for example, refer to their parents as "grandma" and "grandpa" just because they've had kids. I don't mean when the child is present but ALL THE TIME! It's like they've stopped being mum and dad and are now only grandparents.

People who don't say please or thank you (and especially people who don't say thank you when you've held a door open for them)

Fleas (and the people who don't treat their pets for them, then deny that the pets even have fleas when they and their surroundings are infested). :mad:

CD covers that list the songs without numbers, so when you want to pick out your favourite song you have to count from the beginning to find out what number it is, instead of just glancing and seeing the number.

People who say to you "I thought you would have done x" after the event, when things haven't gone too well. Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Next time, I'll use my crystal ball before making any decisions. :rolleyes:

Girls wearing yeti boots (picture below), If I had a machete I’d hack them off every female in the country. Boots combined with 80’s clothing/hair on those slightly tubby 5 foot nothing girls lends itself to ewok comparisons or some sort of perpetual jiggling jelly.

awww.angliangardener.co.uk_pop_ups_sBP.jpg

My cat hates the movie Willard, it was all fine and dandy till the cat scene and she is disgusted in us for continuing to watch after that.

Ms. said:
Girls wearing yeti boots (picture below), If I had a machete I’d hack them off every female in the country. Boots combined with 80’s clothing/hair on those slightly tubby 5 foot nothing girls lends itself to ewok comparisons or some sort of perpetual jiggling jelly.

Ms., I think maybe your mom bought you one too many Barbie dolls when you were a kid.

My cat hates her own tail right now. Someone bit her so she's got two rather large puncture wounds in it and she keeps licking them while growling at herself because it hurts. It's both funny and sad. Poor little baby!

Thought I would jump in on the anal gland thing. I'm a vet. It is best IF your dog can express them on their own but unfortunately many dogs do have a problem with it so they have to be done by poor suckers like me.:mad:

My pet hates: having to express dog's anal glands for 10 bucks:eek:

On a bill, where it tells you how much you have to pay, then it wants you to write in the amount you are paying.
Why?
Aren't they going to look at my check anyway?
If I write I'm paying $1,000,000 and I'm paying down my entire mortgage, and please put the extra in the bank for me, are they going to believe me and do it?

drmjwdvm said:
Thought I would jump in on the anal gland thing. I'm a vet. It is best IF your dog can express them on their own but unfortunately many dogs do have a problem with it so they have to be done by poor suckers like me.:mad:

I have to agree, it is a gruesome job. No, I don't do it, but I hold the dog while the vet does......back in the tub! Oy!

Ms. said:

Along the same lines of this...

I hate people who wear Ugg boots. They aren't boots. They are slippers. Get some proper shoes.

It seems like we all have different hates.:confused: :)

Cell-phones seem to be our most common hate. But I'll bet you all have one.;)
I haven't:cool:

I really hate people talking about their pets now.:rolleyes:
Is it worse than talking about their children?

Today my pet hate is pretentious prats. You know, the sort who describe Ulysses as a great book. Some of them even claim to have read it!

Or the sort who uses Balsamic vinegar in cooking stews and frown on egg and chips.

Or wine buffs. Grrrr! They're just alcoholics in denial.;)

jaybe said:
Today my pet hate is pretentious prats. You know, the sort who describe Ulysses as a great book. Some of them even claim to have read it!

Or the sort who uses Balsamic vinegar in cooking stews and frown on egg and chips.

Or wine buffs. Grrrr! They're just alcoholics in denial.;)

Ah, now I see where you're coming from, jaybe!

In that vein, I hate jury trials. What a waste of time and money! Everyone knows that the police wouldn't arrest someone if they weren't guilty!

Oh and I don't have a pet, but I'm going to invent one just to keep you happy jaybe! My pet is a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig called Prescott. He's the cutest little snuffle-nosed thing you ever did see. Christ how I hate him.

drmjwdvm said:

Couldn't what Moto described also be worms??

* People who repeat the same uninteresting thing over and over again! :mad:

* People who hum constantly! Grrrr!

* People who knock my book when i'm reading it! This happens most mornings as I read on the tram and never get a seat, I suppose it can't be helped most of the time, but still :(

Shade said:
Ah, now I see where you're coming from, jaybe!

In that vein, I hate jury trials. What a waste of time and money! Everyone knows that the police wouldn't arrest someone if they weren't guilty!

Oh and I don't have a pet, but I'm going to invent one just to keep you happy jaybe! My pet is a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig called Prescott. He's the cutest little snuffle-nosed thing you ever did see. Christ how I hate him.

Once somebody's pot-bellied pig snuck up on me and started sucking on my toes. I wouldn't say that I actually hated it, but it isn't something that I'd wish to experience again.

I hate proprietors who push their merchandise on me. "No thank you, I don't want your lovely baked rolls, really I don't. The cake is enough."

StillILearn said:
Once somebody's pot-bellied pig snuck up on me and started sucking on my toes. I wouldn't say that I actually hated it, but it isn't something that I'd wish to experience again.

And you let the pig live? :eek: I think I would have loudly called for pork chops for dinner. Ewww.

Back