• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please offer ..

Stewart said:
And I made the kinds of posts I wanted to read there'd be a lot of unhappy faces and the thread would then be deleted. ;)

Go ahead..post what you want to read..If I disagree with you, I'll let you know;)

abecedarian said:
Go ahead..post what you want to read..If I disagree with you, I'll let you know;)

amrviudsiufaiouakdfumvweurmiku d7g878978789789gfdmgumioaugi iafgum iugiodfugio midugiumiuiu iuiu iuo u,mkmkj jhhjrioio×1ýª▄12-656♀55rwerewr fdg dkgl;twitriw g g;f;[w;w[erp[ ;[fd;s'd; fs

You know it makes sense.

Oh, by the way, attribute that quote to being the internal monologue of Johnny 5 in Short Circuit.

Stewart said:
amrviudsiufaiouakdfumvweurmiku d7g878978789789gfdmgumioaugi iafgum iugiodfugio midugiumiuiu iuiu iuo u,mkmkj jhhjrioio×1ýª▄12-656♀55rwerewr fdg dkgl;twitriw g g;f;[w;w[erp[ ;[fd;s'd; fs

You know it makes sense.

Oh, by the way, attribute that quote to being the internal monologue of Johnny 5 in Short Circuit.

Now I'm REALLY mad! How can you even think to say such a thing, when you know vvvvnweesra ddjerjsazesaert ,,erereeeererhhs was NOT what he meant at all?

drmjwdvm said:
Come on Stewart if you don't see a point just leave it alone. If this thread is valuable in some way to some people let it be just that.
I agree. If some see no point to the topic.....then bug off. There are enough people that evidently do see a benefit in the thread to make their posts. Those that see no point to this topic are free to start their own topic, and, do whatever. All topics do not have to be to the approval of "all" members.

drmjwdvm said:
Come on Stewart if you don't see a point just leave it alone.

If you look again, I'm asking for the point. StillILearn just replied in some cryptic garble. So, again, what's the point?

There's already enough grief in the world without us squabbling, Stewie. I apologize for making fun of your avatar.

Is there something on your mind that you'd like to talk about but can't and, rather than make a point, resort to quotes without giving a reason?

StillILearn said:
It was war and peace, Stewart
Shouldn't this thread be in the fiction section then?

I really, really don't want to fight about it.

I don't think anyone does.

Is the current Lebanese/Israeli conflict on your mind at the moment?

Stewart said:
Shouldn't this thread be in the fiction section then?

I don't think anyone does.

Is the current Lebanese/Israeli conflict on your mind at the moment?

Actually, it was more like war and peace in general. But I do have a question for you, Stewart. What is it about this thread that annoys you so much, and in what way have you gained by attacking it? I'm curious now, and I'm beginning to think that this question addresses the heart of the matter. Maybe we can have a fruitful conversation after all.

StillILearn said:
What is it about this thread that annoys you so much

Whast annoys me is I don't know why it has been made and what is the need for it? I don't get why the others have followed suit and posted a quote - is it some sort of American sheep mentality?

Please offer a few words of peace?
Why?

Maybe you know a few words which will offer a little comfort to us all and to our small planet?
Why? Are we not comfortable enough?

It couldn't hurt right about now.
Why?

Until you can stop swerving my question about the purpose then all I can do is simply keep asking in the hope I can get an answer. Or perhaps you don't know yourself?

Stewart said:
I don't get why the others have followed suit and posted a quote - is it some sort of American sheep mentality?

awww.christisall.org_wp_content_images_Wolf_20__20sheep.jpg

baaaaahhhhh.....

and because I like StillIlearn....

Stewart said:
Whast annoys me is I don't know why it has been made and what is the need for it? I don't get why the others have followed suit and posted a quote - is it some sort of American sheep mentality?
This may be a good place to throw in a quote, since the topic has been completely diverted:

A Scot is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before.

Stewart said:

Okay, Stewie, that'll be quite enough of that for right now; settle down.

If anybody who is newish here wants to see the shelter to which this type of gratuitous sniping has driven much of TBF/BAR's superior conversation (not that any of it is mine, mind you), simply click on Moto's link and follow the breadcrumbs.

Moto's link

Two for the price of one ...

Much may be made of a muggle if he be caught young.

- Samuel Johnson -

The English are not happy unless they are miserable, the Irish are not at peace unless they are at war, and the Scots are not at home unless they are abroad.

- George Orwell -

StillILearn said:
If anybody who is newish here wants to see the shelter to which this type of gratuitous sniping has driven much of TBF/BAR's superior conversation (not that any of it is mine, mind you), simply click on Moto's link and follow the breadcrumbs.

1. I am not sniping. I'm asking a question which you seem incapable of answering.

2. That link: yes they are all driven out of here. Some post here, others I communicate with via other methods, and some were banned from here. I'd hardly say they were driven out - they probably just got bored of the lack of point to some of the contributions.

here ya go:

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill

Stewart said:
Whast annoys me is I don't know why it has been made and what is the need for it?

Stewart my friend, there are 10,700+ threads at TBF/BAR.

How many of those are pointless to many of the members here? I'm sure the majority of those threads are pointless to at least a small minority of the currently active members.

Would you like us to all PM you with potential new thread ideas so that we may get your permission to post them?

I think StillILearn was looking for some inspirational quotes in light of the current events in the Middle East. Something positive and uplifting in a time of bad news. Why is that such a thorn in your side?

Back