• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Post a Picture!

Billy Oblivion said:
I don't love everybody.
Yes you do.. I can feel the love..
Freya said:
Also if you note, Abu just insulted me, by saying the 1000+ posters post the most inane drivel - and still I remain unoffended.
I would say that 1+ posters, have a lot of insane drivel post on this board. You are just our postergirl for insane drivel .. :D

Billy Oblivion said:
I don't love students with fat knees for instance.
Don't you love me Billy ... PLEASE say you love me.. I NEED love :D
I think I'm about all out of insane drivel for one day..

Nothing to apologise for, Cajun. It's forgotten. In fact, this thread is forgotten. I'm going back to talk about books. But possibly somewhere else.

another cute animal

1_hams.jpg

Is this better? Nicely wrapped and clean? What's the difference?
Is it because pussy cats are cuddly pets? This appetising lump of protein used to be a cute little porker. Am I going to be reported again? What about squashed flies and moths? Are they bad? Somebody tell me the rules. What about starving Australians? Are they on a par with dead Africans?

That's only one little section of an animal. Where's the rest? Where's the head?

This thread is like one of those reality TV things on an island, but the thread is the island.

ControlArmsNow said:
:) Nice link Mort - reminded me of this: http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/
Referring to the link in my sig? Hehe... I like the picture on this related page where the alleged sasquatch is getting ready to snatch the poor little octopus from the tree limb. The octopus is so cute!

Billy Oblivion said:
If you see one on the street what do you do? Put the "little ones'" eyes out with a knitting needle in case the sight upsets them.
I don't have any "little ones". But if I did, I would probably try to direct their attention elsewhere if I happened to see a dead animal in the street before they did.

Abulafia said:
Hmm, nobody complained about my starving African picture. :rolleyes:
If the African had been lying on the ground with a ruptured abdomen and intestines spilling out on the ground, there might have been complaints.

As far as newcomers are concerned... I've been on other message boards in the past and have gotten used to feeling like an outsider until I've made a few posts to get my foot in the door. It takes a few posts for people to figure you out. That's just the way it works, isn't it?

I've felt a lot more welcome here than I have at other forums.

Mort said:
As far as newcomers are concerned... I've been on other message boards in the past and have gotten used to feeling like an outsider until I've made a few posts to get my foot in the door. It takes a few posts for people to figure you out. That's just the way it works, isn't it?

I've felt a lot more welcome here than I have at other forums.

:D .... welcome, Mort. :p

Mort said:
Help save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus from extinction!

isn't the nature amazing?! Sadly, nonetheless, to read about it.

15790.bmp

"we were in this bar in saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. and he says 'shine, please, shine!' I said no. he kept askin', yeah, and joey said 'yeah.' and I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. and he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. there's pieces of him all over me, just ... like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin' ... but the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! and nobody would help! nobody would help! he's saying, sayin' 'I wanna go home! I wanna go home!' he keeps calling my name! 'I wanna go home, johnny! I wanna drive my chevy!' I said 'why? I can't find your fuckin' legs!'"

"Picture deleted by admin - posted in poor taste and deliberately provocative".

Bad taste surely, not poor!

Ms Wilde has pointed out to me that there is now a "three strikes rul" so I went looking for it and discovered a whole new universe out there called "the home page". It has rules and things and a bit where new people can introduce themselves and all sorts of other stuff. If only I'd known about it when I first came here! That's what happens when you get directed to a site by friends; my shortcut takes me straight to the bit where people write poetry and stories and diaries and things. Then I found the silliness threads (where I feel at home) and then I looked at some of the "genres" but no-one ever told me about the "home" thing with the "rules". Well, that's it! I'm turning over a new leaf right now! In future I will only write nice things and post artistically creative photographs that are not "in poor taste and deliberately provocative". But I still don't love students with fat knees.

Abulafia said:
But I thought you were enjoying it.

That sounds provocative to me. If I was a moderator I'd be giving serious consideration to issuing a second or third warning. You're not an accountant are you?

Back