• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Post a Picture!

Of course. It's half the reason we can't have a 'real' discussion here, as everyone gets so upset the moment they're disagreed with. Infact, if I recall there was actually a thread about this once upon a time, but it turned into the usual drivel... :p

Abu, I took your African children picture in the context it was posted - with Band Aid. Since I have brought the new single (however much I hate it) and regularly give money to charities that distribute food in Africa, I feel as though I am at least doing something about that. And raising the awareness of Band Aid is a good thing. Showing us a cat that has been run over achieves nothing - it has tenuous links to the RSPCA, but that's it.

Freya, people take things very personally here because as soon as they take a different opinion from the regulars, they are jumped on.

Abu was making a point. Billy O was just telling me to grow up - no point to that statement, just an attack.

1. I am bigoted and silly.
2. Accountant/student? Hmmm. How did I make that error when there's such worlds of difference between the two.
3. Is it alright for me tp post pictures of dead africans then? Will nobody report me for that? Why are cats veboten and africans fair game?

There are worlds of difference between being an accountant and being a student. Since I have been both, I feel fully qualified to remark on them as occupations. Can you say that same?

Not dead Africans. Two starving children, alongside Bob Geldof, Bono and the Band Aid single. Relevant and topical. Re-read my post above for why that qualifies as a valid picture.

magemanda said:
Abu, I took your African children picture in the context it was posted - with Band Aid. Since I have brought the new single (however much I hate it) and regularly give money to charities that distribute food in Africa, I feel as though I am at least doing something about that.

Ummm Abu - do you like the Band Aid song? :p

Freya, people take things very personally here because as soon as they take a different opinion from the regulars, they are jumped on.

Oh please. The main people who get so upset are regulars themselves! The people with 1000 + posts. If you read around you'll see plenty of disagreements between the regulars.

Hmmm, thanks for your contribution cajun. Strikes me that you're the only one shouting. The rest of us are discussing. I have no need to calm down. I've stated my point rationally; I've reported the post. All your post achieved is to make me feel attacked further, when all I did originally was air my personal views on the picture Billy O posted.

Abu may or may not like the song. I personally hate it. I brought it though, and am dreaming up imaginative ways to get rid of it now.... Those four pictures served to advertise the Band Aid cause though, obviously deliberately.

You regulars do nothing to dispel the clique-y feeling of posting here. Newcomers must feel very much like they're muscling in on a private discussion when they descend into the boards forums. And you do often gang up when someone says something you disagree with.

Freya said:
Ummm Abu - do you like the Band Aid song? :p

Do I hell! It's crap and not worth it.

There are too many charities all doing the same thing (e.g. Oxfam, medicin sans frontieres, CARE) that I think they should all be condensed into a focused charitable unit. Same goes for any charity seeking the same goals (i.e. all the different cancer researches, etc.)

The main people who get so upset are regulars themselves! The people with 1000 + posts.

They are also the most "post-happy" adding their inane shit to any post they can trap no matter how irrelevant it is to the actual subjec or getting involved in threads that don't concern them with their oh so wonderful jokes and commentary. Boring!

magemanda said:
All your post achieved is to make me feel attacked further, when all I did originally was air my personal views on the picture Billy O posted.
When you post anything here its open for debate and thats what people are doing. I'm not attacking you now, and I don't think anyone else is, they are just stating their personal views.
Don't think you are being attack just because people who post here a lot disagree with you.

Hay, I've seen debate and feel like I can recognise it. When I'm called a bloody student and told to grow up, I feel like that is not debate. That is a closed statement that serves no purpose other than to make me feel uncomfortable.

Abulafia said:
They are also the most "post-happy" adding their inane shit to any post they can trap no matter how irrelevant it is to the actual subjec or getting involved in threads that don't concern them with their oh so wonderful jokes and commentary. Boring!
I have to say I find that insane posting quite funny most of the time.. My advice to you, relax and be happy :D

Actually we all hate each other. Freya has made desperate efforts in the past to have me banned, RaVeN sends me private hate mail and bobbyburns is an accountant. Or do I mean student? Watercrystal is a practicing witch and makes voodoo dolls of any of us stupid enough to post a picture of ourselves and Irene Wide is half of a particularly gruesome pair of siamese twins (currently serving life imprisonment for cannibilism). Warm Enema and Oobie Doobie are actually retired Church of England Vicars. And I hate all of them. But I like strawberry cats.

magemanda said:
Hay, I've seen debate and feel like I can recognise it. When I'm called a bloody student and told to grow up, I feel like that is not debate. That is a closed statement that serves no purpose other than to make me feel uncomfortable.
hmm I'm a student and thats not so bad... But you do have a point, but I wouldn'r read to much into it.. From what I have read Billy Oblivion is clearly as insane as most of the others here :D

Billy Oblivion said:
Actually we all hate each other. Freya has made desperate efforts in the past to have me banned, RaVeN sends me private hate mail and bobbyburns is an accountant. Or do I mean student? Watercrystal is a practicing witch and makes voodoo dolls of any of us stupid enough to post a picture of ourselves and Irene Wide is half of a particularly gruesome pair of siamese twins (currently serving life imprisonment for cannibilism). Warm Enema and Oobie Doobie are actually retired Church of England Vicars. And I hate all of them. But I like strawberry cats.
Admit it.. you really love everyone on this board, you are just afraid that people are not able to deal with all your love

Magemanda - I am a student, and I'm not especially offended. Also if you note, Abu just insulted me, by saying the 1000+ posters post the most inane drivel - and still I remain unoffended.

Billy - I never did get you banned more's the pity :mad: But don't you worry. I've not given up yet.

Back