• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random happenings/thoughts

7.5 days plus 19 hours (and counting) of "overwork" but no time to take it for the next few weeks.

Only the 19 hours (will be 22 hours today) of overwork need to be used before the end of March.

A thread for whatever is happening or is going through your head at the moment.. :whistling:

Saw a roll-over accident on Friday on the highway. A car tumbled down the embankment from the frontage road towards the highway. It's weird to see something like that and not hear it. When something like that happens in a movie, there are all these loud crashes and noises, but in real life when you're in your climate-controlled vehicle with the radio on, it's a mute disaster just off to the side of your peripheral vision.

I have to sleep with the fan on. I think I'm going to go buy another fan tomorrow just in case this one dies. This fan has been a trooper though.

Scunci discontinued the best hair tie I've ever used. I hate Scunci right now.

Does anyone else just instinctively imagine that the girl in Landslide's avatar is her? :p

Don't know much about Avatars but get ? where you're you going with this; so many questions, so many thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't strike me as a Rolex guy, dumb thing just tells the time and date... I think one of those Apple watches would suit you better.

I don't have a high opinion of smart watches. I prefer manual/automatic pilot/navigator style watches. The only Rolex I#d seriously consider is a Milgauss.

I need a new watch.

My Dad was reading genuine sad comments from a popular newspaper's website regarding Father's Day aloud.

When he finished he pointed to his chest and said:

'What you're looking at here is f*****g normality boy'.

Respect to good dads everywhere.

Guardians of the Galaxy: to say that my expectations were exceeded would be an understatement.

I had no expectations but I LOVED it!

Watched it at the weekend, brilliant film. Normally I find movie adaptions of comics with their inevitable changes to be annoying but Michael Rooker as Yondu with his mystical Yaka Arrow transformed into an Iain M. Banks style knife missile worked really well.

I just watched "Wolf Children" (2012) and I literally cried in the end. This was one of the best animated films I've EVER seen! I want to be a wolf!!!

"A thread for whatever is happening or is going through your head at the moment.. "

I recently just packed all my books up from childhood up until what I had read last week and as I was going through each book picking its section in the boxes I realised that every time I picked one up it felt like I was popping in for a cup of tea with the main characters and the world they live in. Suddenly their entire story would become clear in my head and I felt like I had never stopped reading it.

I wonder often whether this is just my imagination gone wild or whether i'm actually crazy? Or you never know this might be normal (which would be the first time anyone had described me as normal. What do you think?

A few people I know have recently acquired awful tattoos of the heavy black ink sleeve variety, this appears to be a trend. Is it because ubiquity makes it harder to stand out?

Back