• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

Two, both of them proper blue collar machines that don't try to force hot chocolate on me. Edit: Maybe three, does a Turkish pot count?

How does one get free coffee from work? My employer would charge for the bloody water fountain if they could.

This is how:

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_20121004_131245.jpg

We have about 20 of those scattered throughout where I work. The company pays to keep it stocked. I rarely drink coffee from these machines because it is so horrid. Almost always I buy my coffee from the pretty coffee ladies in the cafe on the ground floor.

Favorite waffle condiment?

I am jealous. Of the Coffee maidens, not the fancy free but awful coffee maker.

Real butter and real maple syrup. Nothing else needed.

Is it wrong that I prefer pancakes to waffles?

No. I do as well.

At what point would you feel confident in saying "I am fluent enough" in a language?

When I can eavesdrop on a conversation between two native speaking 13 year old females and understand what they are talking about.

It should be noted that I am still working on English.

Which language is the most pleasing to the ear?

Latin. That language should never have been allowed to die.

I was a bit flustered when I found that I could download five years worth of astronomy courses onto my cellphone and never have to struggle to locate Antares again. How long before said device is also my universal translator and obsoletes the study of language?

Nah, I like it. That being said, if it's really, really dark and clear and you can see the Milky Way across the sky I prefer no lights at all (and that includes my phone) and to stare into infinity.

Has Jurassic Park taught you nothing?

I like it too, just miffed about all of the time I spent poring over charts and such. So easy now...I finally understand why my father felt the way he did about pocket calculators.

I do not believe it to be an accurate depiction of the level of force that would be brought to bear should an obese nerd get too greedy and unleash chaos. 30mm DU kinetic rounds, yo.

Favorite JP villainous lizard?

Raptor is the only valid answer to that question. Randall Munroe has my back on this.

You're going on a 48 hour trip to the Middle Cretaceous. Aside from the same clothing the "clever girl" dude in the first Jurassic Park wore, you may only bring five items with you. What do you bring?

Wow, something I actually have to think about.

Five gallon container of potable water.
A tent.
A 12 gauge shotgun capable of using sabot slugs.
A good multitool.
The best compact digital video camera on the market.

Same question.

• One of those 72 hour survival kits with backpack.
  • The same shotgun as you along with two bandoleers worth of shells. With bayonet. A shotgun with bayonet? You betcha. And this shotgun better have a magazine. I'm thinking I'll want something Russian.
  • HD video camera with extra batteries and memory cards and head mount.
  • Binoculars.
  • A machete.

Will one firearm be enough?

It will have to be, you said only five things...then you cheated and stuffed a lot of things in one bag. I left out food because what is the point of bringing one MRE along for 48 hours? I can fast for that long if necessary. Besides, chances are we won't even need the weapon. The odds of running into a predator in that short a period of time are probably about the same as on the African plains during the Neolithic.

Is this query worthy of the knuckleheads? Actually, I should ask if the knuckleheads are worthy of the question...

Yes. Consider it done. :eatpop

And that kit can be bought off the internets but yeah, I can see your point.

If you could be whisked away to any period of time in man's history for one month, when would it be?

Europe ~35,000 years ago. I want to know how sapiens really interacted with neanderthal.

Anyplace in the universe...what do you go see?

My grandbabies. Everything else fades to various shades of grey. (Newest model due any time now)

Top three things on your Amazon wishlist?

Back