• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

The Fifth Pan Book of Horror Stories (edited by van Thal)

(It's actually the Overlook hotel by the way... the Timberline is the real life building used in the Kubrick film, but I'll give you a point)

Silver or Gold?

I think of it as an exclusive, unless I am doing PHP or database stuff, which is less and less at the moment. I recall when I first learnt the Boolean and how strange a concept it is to wrap your head around vs. natural language that you've understood for years. Not difficult by any means, but quirky.

Paper-based books or eBooks?

(that's a traditional OR :cool: )

Either it was made in the U.S. or the months spent in transit never do good things to chocolate.

How many pairs of shoes can a man get away with owning before his manhood comes into question?

1 pair of trainers
1 pair of everydays
1 pair of fancy
1 pair of taking-out-the-garbage
1 pair of winter boots
1 pair of hiking boots
1 pair of wellingtons

Seven.

How come the only people working in the middle of tourist season are the ones working on roads and public transportation, so you're stuck with twice the population and only half of the roads and bus lines working?

The bean counters figure that best time to work on roads is when nobody is going to work because they are on holiday. Said bean counters forgot that the people on holiday still drive these roads.

Why are American tourists so loud?

It's not American tourists who are loud, it's Americans, period. They just stand out more surrounded by non-Americans.

Why is my boss in Bali and I'm stuck at the office?

Because he's the boss and you're not. If you're lucky he will get food poisoning from some street food this evening.

Worst vacation ever?

Back