• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

USA. Most other countries don't seem to stamp passports anymore.

Do people really generally believe blood is blue?!

No, but some people seem to think some folks are better than others. I'm not sure what blue blood has to do with it, but I see it books now and then.

Are you a good navigator, or do you get lost easily? (My teenaged son needs a crash course in basic navigation as I write this)

Yes and no. Some, like navigators, makes us stupid as well as lazy and when we are caught without a (working) navigation tool some of us are completely lost as they can't use proper maps.

Are you watching this year's Tour de France?

As electricity becomes more and more expensive, and offices cannot afford to keep cool, non-tie wearing will become more accepted and, dare I say it, essential. This will cross into ecologically-correct fashion, and the neck-tie will find itself consigned to special occasions only.

Will Greece default today, or will the European leaders manage to pull off another last-minute save?

Need more information: soft/hard, homemade/storebought, etc.

My dinner plans got canceled. Should I get Turkish or Franconian?

Turkish (homemade cookies)

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing five years ago today? (I was getting my hair done for my daughter's outdoor wedding, and praying for a break in the heat...we got that as a cold front came through and cooled us down to a mere 80 breezy degrees)

No. Nothing else makes a Thai green curry taste anywhere near as good. Plus, it's not as a bad as Casu Marzu.

What's the scariest (fiction) book you've read?

The Killing Star. That book scared the shit out of me.

What is your go to for inflight entertainment? Or do you sleep?

Depends on the occasion.

I just ordered a set of Etymotic earbuds per Will's recommendation. If I am displeased with the purchase, what should I do to him?

The question should be, when these Etymotic headphones turn out to rock, how should I express my joy. Seriously, I had a pair for my iPod and use lossless audio. Nothing like walking along the South Bank to work at 6am in the morning listening to Burial on those bad boys, come rain or shine.

Why do some people look down upon electronic music as though it's an inferior product?

Back