• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

The only standard is being the winning bidder. It does not matter if you can write or not. What the hell are you talking about? You don't have to follow her story with anything but money. This is not about talent or ability. It's an auction where the winner is the highest bidder. Open your eyes.

I would not bid for $1.00

J S King said:
$10 is nothing, well, I guess it depends on how confident people are with their writing ability, some people would be scared of getting the pi*s ripped out of their work. Once there's someone talented and confident enough, they'll jump in. Actually, the more I think about it...I'm probably not a good enough writer to continue Therese's story, so I'll leave it to the masters! Motokid, would you really not bid if it was just $10? Are you low on self-belief or just not up to Therese's standard? (like me) From your messages I thought you were quite confident!?

If i was confident enough in my writing i would never ever pay to write 500 words in a highly uncertain project that so far seems only to publish the 500 words on a webpage (I can do that myself free of charge and i can write as many words as i want). It dont matter if its 10$ or 10000$ as long as you pay money for a service that you can get yourself for free. I can even make a much more professional looking website to present my writing. Not the amateurish crap site of the olympian scam.

Not to mention you are dependent on a lot of other "writers" who qualifies by paying a certain amount, not by showing a certain talent for writing.

Motokid said:
The only standard is being the winning bidder. It does not matter if you can write or not. What the hell are you talking about? You don't have to follow her story with anything but money. This is not about talent or ability. It's an auction where the winner is the highest bidder. Open your eyes.

I would not bid for $1.00

Hmm...I'll need to have a look at the website, but I haven't got time now I'm at work, surely there is some means of stopping someone rubbish bidding?

I would now like to invoke a phrase I see posted on other forums...and this goes out to JS King.....

BAN HIM !!!!

you may now return to your regularly scheduled program....

Zolipara said:
If i was confident enough in my writing i would never ever pay to write 500 words in a highly uncertain project that so far seems only to publish the 500 words on a webpage (I can do that myself free of charge and i can write as many words as i want). It dont matter if its 10$ or 10000$ as long as you pay money for a service that you can get yourself for free. I can even make a much more professional looking website to present my writing. Not the amateurish crap site of the olympian scam.

It doesn't matter if people love it or hate it, the fact it all eyes are on it, like in this messageboard, so anyone who bids will get their work known, like what's happened with Therese's story

Motokid said:
I would now like to invoke a phrase I see posted on other forums...and this goes out to JS King.....

BAN HIM !!!!

you may now return to your regularly scheduled program....

Chill-out Motokid, this aggression will not be tolerated, why is no-one allowed to disagree with you without being banned? This is a free country? You're not based in Cuba are you?

J S King said:
We've already been through this, please stop stooping so low and focus on the topic!

It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. You can't prove yourself otherwise; neither can Laserland over there.

As Zolipara said on one thread, you seem to be obsessed with scams as you go about dredging up posts about write a book in 28 days, the olympian pen, etc. I'm certain that if there was a post called make a million by killing yourself you'd consider it before posting sounds good, good luck with it.

I'm confident in my writing. I would not pay to appear on that website. I would not pay for the privilege of appearing on any website. I don't think Therese Baric's writing is up to much of a standard - by the use of acronyms she alienates the reader - and, when the standard is $102.50, then that just goes to show how desperate, stupid, and credulous she is.

J S King said:
It doesn't matter if people love it or hate it, the fact it all eyes are on it, like in this messageboard, so anyone who bids will get their work known, like what's happened with Therese's story

We're taking the piss out of it - we want to see it fail. That's the only reason we're bothering with it. It's not because we want to fill his pockets with our hard earned money. Tell him to go out and get his own job - he can make money that way; and honestly.

J S King said:
Chill-out Motokid, this aggression will not be tolerated, why is no-one allowed to disagree with you without being banned? This is a free country? You're not based in Cuba are you?

He would like to get you banned because your only contribution to this forum has been to promote scams. Every thread you have posted in has been for some sort of variation of "pay 100$ to become a succesful writer".

J S King said:

So far only one person has been stupid enough to bid. What does this tell you?

Zolipara said:
He would like to get you banned because your only contribution to this forum has been to promote scams. Every thread you have posted in has been for some sort of variation of "pay 100$ to become a succesful writer".

Get your facts straight, I've posted on loads of different threads, check for yourself!

Stewart said:
The only people I've seen express an interest are you and Laserland over there. Of course, putting money into your own pocket...?

When have i ever stated that i had an interest in bidding for the Olympian pen?

Just because i counter your arguments you constantly have to deceive the forum about me. Please stop.

Motokid: I thought more of you than trying to get someone banned, disagree with JS to your hearts content, but why insist on him being chucked out by some moderator who you're sucking up to. Surely the pen is mightier than the sword.

Laser-geek-UK said:
When have i ever stated that i had an interest in bidding for the Olympian pen?

Just because i counter your arguments you constantly have to deceive the forum about me. Please stop.

Motokid: I thought more of you than trying to get someone banned, disagree with JS to your hearts content, but why insist on him being chucked out by some moderator who you're sucking up to. Surely the pen is mightier than the sword.

I have to confess Laser, at one point I fell for what they said about you, I thought you were associated, however now I can tell you're not involved...just a regular guy who's looking for a decent discussion, and likes defending the innocent. Let me guess, are you anti-abortion and do you donate money to holocaust victims?

J S King said:
I have to confess Laser, at one point I fell for what they said about you, I thought you were associated, however now I can tell you're not involved...just a regular guy who's looking for a decent discussion, and likes defending the innocent. Let me guess, are you anti-abortion and do you donate money to holocaust victims?

Reverse Psychology for Dummies? :confused:

Back