• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

André Bleikasten - William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury: A Critical Casebook
(unknown author) - Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (translation)

Just finished: Kraken by China Mieville. Tough read with tough words,
real and unreal. Sometimes good vocabulary is not good, if people don't
know what you are saying. I still liked this book, but would think twice
about reading another Mieville book.
Book Reviews And Comments By Rick O

Just finished: Kraken by China Mieville. Tough read with tough words,
real and unreal. Sometimes good vocabulary is not good, if people don't
know what you are saying. I still liked this book, but would think twice
about reading another Mieville book.
Book Reviews And Comments By Rick O

I read this last year and felt exactly the same way. Crazy vocab and crazy ideas made for a challenging read. I would probably try another of his books but I haven't made any effort yet to source one...

The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly - I thought it was better than The Reversal but not as good as Brass Verdict. Love the ending. 3.5 out of 5

Got to read two chapters of his new book "The Drop" due out in October.

Don't know if I'm in the right place for this post but I just finished The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor and it was great - lots of action and Nick Harvath is every bit as exciting as Jack Reacher in Lee Child's books. Am looking forward to reading more of Brad's books. Have just started (for the second time) Ken Follett's Jackdaws. Have read it before but don't remember all the plot. momac

The Switch, by Sandra Brown :star5:
I loved it. It's the third book of hers I've read and she has definetly become one of my favorite authors.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman. There were some good ideas/concepts, but the way he dealt with them was underwhelming. :star3:

Just finished State of the Union by Brad Thor. Good action, lots of techno detail which I didn't know anything about but it sounded almost like science fiction, Nick Harvath is marvellous at dodging bullets and getting out of scrapes but it really is a stretch of the imagination that one man alone would be able to save America from destruction (albeit he had lots of help from his friends, but he always knew best). In spite of the almost superman aspect of the hero it was a great read and there was even a beautiful woman who saved his bacon at one point. Great entertainment. momac

Back