• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Been buying books on a short holiday.Riddle of the Third Mile, and The Way Through The Woods, by Colin Dexter.The Case of the Drowning Duck, by Erle Stanley Gardner. Harlen Coben's One False Move. Another of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels, but I can't put my hand on it and can't remember the title. Also, Two book have been given me, Remember,Remember, (bite sized chunks of history) by Judy Parkingson, and 1966, And All That, (Modern history you can't remember) by Craig Brown.
On top of that I have two library books to read, so I think I have enough for a while.
Just remembered another one I bought. The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn, again, by Colin Dexter.

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Diary of a Madman and Other Stories by Nikolai Gogol
Demian by Herman Hesse
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
Peace by Gene Wolfe

That is it for this year. I have tons to read anyway. :blush:

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Diary of a Madman and Other Stories by Nikolai Gogol
Demian by Herman Hesse
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
Peace by Gene Wolfe

That is it for this year. I have tons to read anyway. :blush:

A good and eclectic selection.Is this an book embargo?You know they always fail...

Jim Harrison - The Summer He Didn't Die
Karen Armstrong - Muhammad - A Prophet for Our Time
Martin Beck The Man Who Went Up In Smoke
Herman Melville - Typee
Alexis Q. Castor - Between the Rivers - The History of Ancient Mesopotamia

Just finished Bullitt, by Robert L. Pike. The best thriller I have read since The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. A real page turner. Kept me on the edge of my seat untill the last page.

3 for 2 in Waterstones:

The Owl Killers by Karen Maitland
Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith
Dissolution by C.J Sansom

Two of 'em are for Xmas tho!

Received from Amazon.com yesterday. Police Blotter. By Robert Pike. also the author of Mute Witness, filmed as Bullitt. If this is half as good as Bullitt, it will be great.

The Gold Coast Three Californias - Kim Stanley Robinson
(don't know who the author is but it looked good)

The Human Zoo - Desmond Morris

The Mini-Atlas of Dog Breeds

Recentyly borrowed: The Gates by John Connolly and High Bloods by John Farris. I just realized now that I checked out two books with the same first name for the h author. The Gates is hilarious. Haven't started High Bloods yet by I'm looking forward to it.

Back