• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Today I went for a wonder round my town trying not to buy any books, after wondering into the charity shops I came out with

The night circus Erin Morgenstern
Stop Pretending Sonya Jones
Dead Air Ian Banks
The Help Kathryn Stockett (Which I already own but It looked brand new and was £1, my friends birthday present all sorted now!)

Today I went for a wonder round my town trying not to buy any books, after wondering into the charity shops I came out with

The night circus Erin Morgenstern
Stop Pretending Sonya Jones
Dead Air Ian Banks
The Help Kathryn Stockett (Which I already own but It looked brand new and was £1, my friends birthday present all sorted now!)

And this is why we love thrift stores! Always nice to let others pay retail..I hope your friend loves The Help.

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream-David Platt

Mirage-Matt Ruff

The Map of Time-Felix Palma

The Good Book Cookbook-Naomi Goodman

Food in The Ancient World From A-Z- Andrew Dalby

Delights From the Garden of Eden: A Cookbook and a History of the Iraqi Cuisine- Nawal Nasarallah

Our Vacation Bible School theme this year focuses on Daniel and Babylonia, so the foods we serve will hopefully reflect that historical period and region...must do research, after all ;0)

And this is why we love thrift stores! Always nice to let others pay retail..I hope your friend loves The Help.

So do I and I run one, the shop that I am a manager of is a books and music charity shop. I love going through all the donations and grabbing the ones I want to read first (Of course priced up by someone else and paid for!)

Today I got through the post (not from the shop, but from amazon)

Stardust - Neil Gaiman

I have so many books to read and not enough time to do it in!

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. A challenge.

When I Die by Philip Gould. Living remaining life.

Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Finding life after personal loss.

The Angel Esmeralda - Nine Stories by Don DeLillo. From early to late.

I got the following titles at the library:

Carrie Fisher-Shockaholic

Ramsey Campbell-The Overnight

Anna Elliott-Twilight of Avalon

A game of thrones - George R.R Martin
A catcher in the Rye - J.D Salinger
Storyteller : The life of Roald Dahl - Donald Surrock

Just spent my waterstones voucher, now to sit back and wait for them to arrive!

Nocturnal - Scott Sigler

The Bloody Red Baron - Kim Newman

Black Wings of Cthulhu - Edited by S.T. Joshi

Midnight in Rosary Tales of Vampires and Werewolves in Crimson and Black by Charles Allen Gramlich
Cold in the Light by Charles Gramlich
An Unfinished Life John F. Kennedy by Robert Dallek
The Passage of Power, The Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert A. Caro

The Bloody Red Baron - Kim Newman
Love those Dracula books by Newman, I've read the trilogy and I heard that he was working on a fourth book, supposedly titled Johnny Alucard, but I haven't heard anything else in a long while

Picked up this week:

In One Person ~ John Irving
Quake ~ Richard Laymon
Funland ~Richard Laymon
In the Night Room ~ Peter Straub
The Darkest Part of the Woods ~ Ramsey Campbell

Before the Dawn - Shimazaki Toson, tr. William E. Naff. Set during the transition from the Tokugawa Shogunate to the Meiji Restoration, the book details the changes in Japanese life wrought by the arrival of Commodore Perry's ships in 1853. Said to be the authoritative work on the subject, it is a big one.

Me? Addicted? :D

To quote(out of context) my former pastor, Brother Bob, "That's everybody here!" This place is such a den of literary vice as we share our latest 'scores' and encourage eachother to sink even further into the pit of bibliophilia.(Is there such a word?) You know what I mean:lol:

"That's everybody here!" This place is such a den of literary vice as we share our latest 'scores' and encourage eachother to sink even further into the pit of bibliophilia.(Is there such a word?) You know what I mean:lol:

Yup, it is one great big friendly support group. :lol:

Back