• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

I bought another five new books today:

• The Ode Less Travelled, Stephen Fry;
  • Interpreter of Maladies, Jhumpa Lahiri*;
  • The Plot Against America, Philip Roth;
  • With Their Backs To The World, Åsne Seierstad;
  • The Bookseller of Kabul, Åsne Seierstadº

* Based on a recommendation from pwilson.
º I chose this because Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner was a disappointment and I fancied reading something different from fiction and/or dry history books.

I just bought Storm Front by Jim Butcher because i heard so many good things about it, i went to Borders and bought it during my lunch today.

Stewart said:
I bought another five new books today:

• The Ode Less Travelled, Stephen Fry;
  • Interpreter of Maladies, Jhumpa Lahiri*;
  • The Plot Against America, Philip Roth;
  • With Their Backs To The World, Åsne Seierstad;
  • The Bookseller of Kabul, Åsne Seierstadº

I recently read The Plot Against America. I hope you'll share your views of it with the class.

If I read it, I shall. I have too many books and will need to start reading faster; hopefully Mrs Dalloway will pick up as it has been a dirge thus far.

It's been a while since I bought anything, really, but the books with the least amount of dust on them are:

His Dark Materials - P. Pullman
Dubliners - J. Joyce
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Marquez
Shadow of the wind - C.R. Zafon (great book)

Hope to find my favourite childhood book collection soon:
Moomin - Tove Jansson

Bridget Jones' Diary ($2.00)
Misery by Stephen King ($1.00)

Good deals, even if the books are slightly used.

Stephen King's Song of Susannah has been leant to me. I probably won't get to it until the new year.

Well I finally made it to a bookstore...lol...We went to Lincoln Nebraska yesterday for a day away from the kids and I talked my husband into stopping at Barnes & Noble and I bought...The Way the Crow Flies and a couple books for the kids ;)

mom2kngr said:
Well I finally made it to a bookstore...lol...We went to Lincoln Nebraska yesterday for a day away from the kids and I talked my husband into stopping at Barnes & Noble and I bought...The Way the Crow Flies and a couple books for the kids ;)

I nearly bought that today, was put off the copy I looked at because of the small print :( I often get a bad head if I read to much very small print (even with my glasses on) hoping to find it in a normal size print! I dont mean that very large print :eek: ..just normal!
I would love to read that book..sigh!

Erica said:
I nearly bought that today, was put off the copy I looked at because of the small print :( I often get a bad head if I read to much very small print (even with my glasses on) hoping to find it in a normal size print! I dont mean that very large print :eek: ..just normal!
I would love to read that book..sigh!

i know what you mean about small print. print is very important to me while buying a book. i used to just keep the price into consideration, but the more i've read, the more i've concluded that the type of print effects the reading "experience"

This is why trade paperback is the best. All the joys of hardback large print and the softness of mass.

I just got these....don't know when I will get to any of them though...:(

1) Herbert, Frank - Dune
2) Mandel, George - Flee the Angry Strangers
3) McLarty, Ron - The Memory of Running
4) Nabokov, Vladimir - Pale Fire
5) Puzo, Mario - Omerta
6) Torrington, Jeff - Swing Hammer Swing!

I bought 1 for 25 cents. 2,3,5,6 for a dollar each. 4 my dada bought it for me.
cool huh!:) :cool: :)

Back