• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Today I left the house to buy a birthday present for a friend and brought back:

Les Misérables - Victor Hugo (£0.69)
Go Ask Alice - Anon (£1.50)
Eragon - Christopher Paolini (£2.00)
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (£2.00)
Cloud of Sparrows - Takashi Matsuoka (£2.00, random pick)
Giri - Marc Olden (£1.50, random pick)

Along with that I bought 4 volumes of manga. Fruits Basket 9, DN Angel 7 and 8 and Cowboy Bebop volume 3. £6.99 each, but one was free (special offer).

I have no will power... :rolleyes:

Went out thrifting after ceramics class and picked up these from the book section:

All the Pretty Horses-Cormac McCarthy (50 cents)
Running with Scissors-Augusten Burroughs (50 cents)

and...what I believe to be a....

1st Edition Interview with the Vampire-Anne Rice ($2.50)

Anyone know what something like this might be worth (if anything....:p) I'll go look somewhere....:rolleyes:

CattiGuen said:
1st Edition Interview with the Vampire-Anne Rice ($2.50)

Anyone know what something like this might be worth (if anything....:p) I'll go look somewhere....:rolleyes:

eBay can be a good guage of something like that.

Kenny Shovel said:
We're expecting a full report on your olympic challenge you know!

There was this hare, you see, who wanted to go back to his cave to sleep...

I'm not sure if I should count this picture book for Malawi, but I had fun reading it to the little kids.

What do you want to know? The list so far? I suppose I should post it in the proper thread.

True story...

Today I walked into a bookshop. I found the specific book I wanted. And I left the bookshop without buying it. And then I went into another book shop. Found a fabulous book that I've been wanting for ages. And I also didn't buy it.

Self control, baby!!!!!!! Both were classics and I didn't want to pay $10 for what I can find second hand for $2. There's also something about used classic books which really appeals to me. I want a copy of Wuthering Heights that someone else has loved before :).

Kookamoor said:
True story...

Today I walked into a bookshop. I found the specific book I wanted. And I left the bookshop without buying it. And then I went into another book shop. Found a fabulous book that I've been wanting for ages. And I also didn't buy it.

Self control, baby!!!!!!! Both were classics and I didn't want to pay $10 for what I can find second hand for $2. There's also something about used classic books which really appeals to me. I want a copy of Wuthering Heights that someone else has loved before :).

I hate to be the one to break it to you kook..but it sounds like a true 'grown up' episode;) But if you act now, you CAN combat this awful syndrome:D

Actually, I'm proud of your self-control and wisdom..the mark of a mature huntress:cool:

I have recently bought:

The professor and the Madman: Simon Winchester
Beasts of No Nation: Usodinma Iweala
Never Let me Go: Kazuo Ishiguro
In the Time of Butterflies: Julia Alvarez
Death's Acre: Bill Bass
Dirty Job: Christopher Moore
Hans Christian Anderson Fairy Tales
Rasputins Daughter: Robert Alexander

I have been given-
A History Of Murder
War With the Newts: Karl Capek (?)

Scottishduffy said:
I have recently bought:

The professor and the Madman: Simon Winchester

Oh I loved this one! It was a present form my Dad who figured it'd strike my fancy seeing how I am totally crazy about dictionaries!!! I hope you like it. :eek:

Today I bought -

Of Human Bondage, W. Somerset Maugham
Kiss of the Spider Woman, Manuel Puig
She Flew the Coop, Michael Lee West
The Eye in the Door, Pat Barker
Regeneration, Pat Barker
The Ghost Road, Pat Barker
After the Fall, Judith Kelman
Don't Open This Book, selected by Marvin Kaye

All for $3.75 at my library :)

jacket.jpg

MonkeyCatcher said:
This is a fantastic book - make sure you tell us what you thought of it once you get around to reading it :)
I will do :cool: I think I got that recommendation from you in the Atwood thread actually! I'm looking forward to reading it!

I bought Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying". I've not liked Faulkner in the past, and I promise that if I Still Don't Like Him....Never Again!!
Last Chance.

it was 2nd hand..... 3.00 US, so not much lost if I don't.:rolleyes:

Back