• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

pontalba said:
I bought Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying". I've not liked Faulkner in the past, and I promise that if I Still Don't Like Him....Never Again!!
Last Chance.

it was 2nd hand..... 3.00 US, so not much lost if I don't.:rolleyes:

I picked that one up too, even though I really didn't like the Sound and the Fury, I thought I would try him once more based on the many raves I've heard about As I Lay Dying.

Ronny said:
I picked that one up too, even though I really didn't like the Sound and the Fury, I thought I would try him once more based on the many raves I've heard about As I Lay Dying.
Comparisons later, ok? :D

I just ordered 2 books on organic gardening 2 days ago.:D
My two favorite things to do are read books and grow plants.
So these books combine the two so I should really enjoy reading them.:D :D :D

Recieved Whiteout by Ken Follet and Maximum Ride by James Patterson as a present today. I have been wanting to read Whiteout, but I'm not too sure about the Patterson. Has anyone read this?

Microserfs by Douglas Coupland. Since I'm meeting him later this month at one of his promotional events for J-Pod I felt I should read at least one of his books. He's been on my list for ages, meeting him just moves it up.

That durn lit map thing has wrought it evil!
Decided to look at three authors closest to my favorites, and all passed the blurb and browse tests. So now I am the proud, I think, possessor of:
Flaubert - Madame Bovary
Faulkner - As I Lay Dying
Conrad - Heart of Darkness
plus one serendipitous for good measure to feed my craving,
Conrad - The Secret Agent
Those are all in case I should happen to finish up Nabokov in a hurry and not be near a bookstore. :)
Peder

Peder said:
That durn lit map thing has wrought it evil!
Those are all in case I should happen to finish up Nabokov in a hurry and not be near a bookstore. :)
Peder

Hmmm...lit map excuse. Good. Good. :rolleyes: :D

thats the one I'll use next time...whoops, who said that? What next time....:eek:

Mastering Remote Viewing: (Remote Viewing, The Third eye & Astral Projection) in lulu.com

Great book, I recommend it for whoever wants to be a super human.

pontalba said:
Hmmm...lit map excuse. Good. Good. :rolleyes: :D

thats the one I'll use next time...whoops, who said that? What next time....:eek:

Peder = Those are all in case I should happen to finish up Nabokov in a hurry and not be near a bookstore

Peder means all of Nabokov, of course. :rolleyes:

Da Vanci code, sucks.

I just do not understand why still people buying it. :mad:

It is fiction, and secondly lots of errors in history and it is profanity.

He might be condemed by the God. Although it is a novel, but he should not test the temper of the God.

I have mastered the skill of astral projection, I know Hell does exist. And God does exist. He is testing his luck.

Back