• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

I picked up The Lord of the Rings and Philosophy: One Book To Rule Them All from the library this afternoon before I came home. This should be interesting to read!

Fantasy pardon me for asking, LOR and philosophy: One Book to Rule Them All.?

What does that entail then,? odd sounding tile that. I just thought they were books of fantasy.:lol: ;)

I stopped by my favorite little bookstore this afternoon and bought the following:

Just After Sunset - Stephen King
Candide - Voltaire
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
Beladonna - Anne Bishop

Fantasy pardon me for asking, LOR and philosophy: One Book to Rule Them All.?

What does that entail then,? odd sounding tile that. I just thought they were books of fantasy.:lol: ;)
I've started reading it and finished the first essay in the collection. Most intriguing. What I read talked about comparing Sauron's ring of power to the magic ring that Plato mentions in his Republic. Can mortal beings resist the corruption that rings of such power bring and is it worth it to live a moral life? That's basically the question this first essay was asking. I liked it though and can't wait to read the rest of them.

I can't believe I am still holding the same novel in my hands (note sig). Boy I've been a busy fellow lately. No time for reading. Grrr.

Is that the tilte Libra?

sorry Thomas,here is title and author,my neice loaned me these and she really liked this one especially.

The Time Traveler's Wife is a 2003 novel by Audrey Niffenegger.

The Greek one is just in Greek,lol,I just translated the title for posting purposes.

Have you read Dr. Glas?

I got this for my wife,she was reading it when i left.She say it felt a bit phoney,like she didn't buy the story.That's all i can tell.She is a very hard judge of books though.

I have about 35 I really want to read first,it will go on the TBR pile for now.

Have you read Gregorius by Bengt Ohlsson?

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

450px-The_Secret_Life_of_Bees.jpg

Back