• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

aimages.barnesandnoble.com_images_26100000_26109712.JPG

41sXBVmltYL.jpg

brolie,

The truth is no, Terry Brooks is not that good of a writer. But, his books are quick and formulaic reads, and sometimes that is just what my overworked brain needs. ;)

A Kiss Before Dying by Ira Levin

A Kiss Before Dying by Ira Levin (his first novel)

I ordered this used off of Amazon. All of my Levin books are in these lovely hardcovers (all bought used at Half Price Books). I've never seen this particular novel at any used bookstores (and there aren't any new hardcovers of it either), so I decided to get it off of Amazon. The seller considered it to be in "good" condition - the book and the dust jacket. Both are barely "acceptable" condition. Ugh. And I'm not even a picky person, I feel that a crease, a little tear here and there give a book character. I like the worn in, read look to a book, but I'm so disappointed in this one. :sigh:

But I've been wanting to read this for awhile. I'll keep it and read it.

Warriors: Bluestar's Prophecy - Erin Hunter

I've been waiting for this one for awhile. Is it bad that an adult is buying children's books for herself? ;) I'm hoping that the author does another book signing tour through here this year so I can get this one autographed.

Evolution in Four Dimensions: Genetic, Epigenetic, Behavioral, and Symbolic Variation in the History of Life by Eva Jablonka

Possession by A.S. Byatt

Story of O by Pauline Reage
The Fifth Head of Cerberus by Gene Wolfe
Rebecca by Daphne De Maurier
Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges

It's not my usual reading fare. but I have been branching out lately and I was intrigued by reviews I read on amazon.

I probably won't get to it for awhile, though. So much I have bought, so little time. I need to give up sleeping. ;)

I picked these (free) from my local public library. How? People leave books as donations on the steps near the rear of the builder. After asking if I could take some home, and was allowed, so I took these...

The Pill Book by unknow author(s)
You Come Too by Robert Frost

Back