• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Two by Reginald Hill. A Cure for all Ills. and A Clubbable Woman.
The girl with the Dragon Tattoo. by Stieg Larsson.
And, The Take, by Martina Cole.
I found all of these to be real page turners.
Sent for two from Amazon.
Dead as a Doornail and Definitely Dead.

Just ordered a few from Amazon.com. Mostly books I should have read a billion years ago.

Aladdin and Other Tales from the Arabian Nights
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Darkly Dreaming Dexter (eeeekkK!!!! so excited!)
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories

It's a Puffin Classics edition, so I'm assuming that it will be more grown up than the Disney version. *lol* Or at least, I hope so.
My bf's mother bought this lovely vintage edition, but it was incredibly Victorianized.

I took an Islamic Studies/Religious Studies class at UT Austin titled "The Arabian Nights."

These are the 3 main books we used:
  1. Amazon.com: Tales from the Thousand and One Nights (Penguin Classics) (9780140442892): Anonymous, William Harvey, N. J. Dawood: Books
  2. Amazon.com: The Arabian Nights (New Deluxe Edition) (9780393331660): Muhsin Mahdi, Husain Haddawy: Books
  3. Amazon.com: The Arabian Nights: A Companion (9781860649837): Robert Irwin: Books

When All Hell Breaks Loose -Cody Lundin

I thought this might be an important book to read. I've read other survival books when I was a teenager but this seems to be the only one specifically for the urban environment. Can't hurt to be prepared!

The Adventures of Greybeard: The Legend of Molihe Mountain by R. Louis
Demian by Herman Hesse
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman

The Line Between: stories by Peter S. Beagle

Can't wait to read this one. In the introduction he talks about telling his children that if they turn their heads fast enough they can look into their own ears.

I am about to enter the world of the coffee shop where I am assuming murder and mayhem will soon erupt. I'm looking forward to a good cozy mystery. :)

Daniel Deronda - George Eliot

Silas Marner - George Eliot

The Classic Hundred Poems - William Harmon, Editor

I don't buy many books now I work in a library, but I recently bought for my children for Christmas:

Tabby McTat - Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
Milly Molly Mandy Storybook - Joyce Lankester Brisley
Paddington Bear - Michael Bond

I've borrowed from work:

206 Bones - Kathy Reichs
Cold Earth - Sarah Moss
The Earth Hums in B Flat - Mari Strachan
What is the What - Dave Eggers
One Day - David Nicholls
The Wasted Vigil - Nadeem Aslam (for reading group)
The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood
The Savage - David Almond
How Clean is Your House? (LOL...the answer is 'not very!')

Back