• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

The Day Aberystwyth Stood Still - Malcolm Pryce

The Bad Book Affair - Ian Sansom

The Man in the Picture: A Ghost Story - Susan Hill

Islands in the Stream by Ernest Hemingway
Brighton Rock by Graham Greene
Divisadero by Michael Ondaatje
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami
Harem by Dora Levy Mossanen
Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
Limitations by Scott Turow
The Kindly Ones by Jonathan Littell

Curious as to your opinions on those two when you've finished them Pontalba!

I've already read Divisadero and can highly recommend it. It has the same dreamy ambiance of The English Patient, but somehow I felt more connected to these characters.
The ending is abrupt, at least to my way of thinking, but life is like that sometimes.

I got a Barnes & Noble gift card for my birthday, so I picked up the first four books in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) and a cookbook. I also ended up with David Baldacci's The Collectors because a friend of mine left it at my house. My sister also gave me three books when she was in town, but for the life of me, I cannot remember their titles or authors at the moment.

I swung by Borders this weekend and picked up the following marked 50% off:
Dust and Shadow - Lindsay Faye
Guardians of Ga'Hoole Collection - Kathryn Lasky (Books 1-3)

Newbie with a new book

Hello all. I am new to the forum and read everything I can get my hands on. I'm currently reading " Tortured Journey" by Teresa Meeks and it seems to be pretty good so far. I got her ebook on my Stanza App. She has another book called "Nothing is Always Something". Has anyone here read it?

Making Room: Recovering Hospitality as a Christian Tradition- Christine D. Pohl

I'm so happy to be back in a church where the pastor reads and encourages us to do so as well. Very happy..

my recent purchases on my nook are likely to die by Lisa Jackson
the neighbor by Lisa Gardner
drop dead gorgeous by Linda Howard
sisters choice by Emilie Richards

Back