• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Most recenty I've bought mainstream stuff:

Odd Thomas- Dean Koontz
Crisscross- F.Paul Wilson
Wife of Moon- Margaret Coel
Hunted Past Reason- Richard Matheson
The Broker- John Grisham

RaVeN

Pulp Odyssey: Part 1
The Stand - Stephen King $31.50 (Hardcover)
Pulp Odyssey: Part 2
The Gunslinger - Dark Tower I - Stephen King $16.50 (Hardcover)
Serious Reading:
White Noise - Don Delillo $11.87 (Paperback, unfortuantely)

I promised a friend I would read The Stand and the Dark Tower series.

In turn, I made her promise to read Faust and War and Peace. :)

Stay tuned for Pulp Odyssey: Parts 3-8!

I recently bought The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos RUiz Zafon, in ASDA for £7.25. ASDA is really good for getting the new releases at a cheap price. Unfortunately they only sell the new releases and best-sellers.

Finally got Wolves of the Calla: Dark Tower V - trade paperback, on sale.

Also bought:
  • Runaway by Alice Munro (which I'm currently reading)
  • Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
  • Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
  • Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs
  • Nightwing by Martin Cruz Smith
  • Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith (bought for husband, but will end up reading it, too)

Last month was the last time I bought books (textbooks for school excluded).

The Best of H.P. Lovecraft
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
The Delta of Venus - Anais Nin
The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes - Neil Gaiman
A Journal

I'm in the process of ordering The Sandman: Doll's House - Neil Gaiman

Today I bought:

Coram Boy - Jamila Gavin
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold. (Both half price - yay!)

I intended never to buy the Sebold, because it was recommended by Richard and Judy, and because it sounded distasteful, but it has had a lot of good reviews so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about. I might get around to reading it by Christmas!

Last week I bought "Girl, Interrupted" by Susanna Kaysen and "The Crimson Petal and the White." I've already read "Girl, Interrupted." It was quite entertaining.

My recent buys:
The Poems and Prose of John Claire
Spiritwalk - Charles de Lint
and From a Whisper to a Scream by Charles de Lint
guess I'm hooked on Lint :)

Picked up:
Holy Cow, Sarah MacDonald
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Mark Haddon
Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger (TBF's fault, this one)
Catch 22, Joseph Heller.

Catching up on some classics here. Unlikely to start on this pile until I finish at least 2 from my existing queue. Hah!

RaVen, the bloody place had *every* other Robin Hobb except the *first* book of the Farseer Trilogy! I had every intention to pick up Hobb today (I know for a fact they carry Hobb on their shelves), but alas, it was not to be. Sad day. :(

ds

Just purchased:

"Climbing Higher" by Montel williams
"The Children" by David Halberstam
"The Solitire Mystery", by Jostein Gardner (something like that)

direstraits said:
RaVen, the bloody place had *every* other Robin Hobb except the *first* book of the Farseer Trilogy! I had every intention to pick up Hobb today (I know for a fact they carry Hobb on their shelves), but alas, it was not to be. Sad day. :(

Tis sad indeed, ds. Don't give up the search though. It will be worth your while.

Take care!

RaVeN

"Thief of always" Bought today ... in the bigest bookshop of Moscow.
Didn't found more than this in english.
Wanted to buy "Gunslinger" by Stephen King, turn out that there are no such a book, it's pitty :(

Rustam said:
Wanted to buy "Gunslinger" by Stephen King, turn out that there are no such a book, it's pitty

Do you mean you can't buy this book in Russia? Because it is a book! "The Gunslinger" is book one of Stephen King's Dark Tower series (7 books in total). I hope you can find it, because the series is very good. I bought the last book "The Dark Tower" yesterday, but I will have to wait to read it because I do not own book 6 yet (but I'm working on it!). :)

Halo said:
Do you mean you can't buy this book in Russia? Because it is a book! "The Gunslinger" is book one of Stephen King's Dark Tower series (7 books in total). I hope you can find it, because the series is very good. I bought the last book "The Dark Tower" yesterday, but I will have to wait to read it because I do not own book 6 yet (but I'm working on it!). :)

Yes ... in Russia ... in english ... :)
I downloaded it two days ago ... but I want a paper copy of book, because of my library which enlarging every time. Already more than 2000 books in it ;) Impressed? :)

Back