• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently purchased DVDs

Having read Coetzee's novel, I was very interested in this.

I thought it wasn't too bad and was definitely not as depressing as the novel.

I was going to watch it tonight,I really love John Malkovich
I haven't actually read the novel,do you recommend that I read it first?

@NotTheDoctor: who is Rosaro Tijeras? Juanes has a song about her, or at least it's called that.

Yes, the song is about her. Rosario Tijeras is a novel by Jorge Franco, a Colombian writer. It was made into a movie about 4 years ago.

From the publisher:
"Since they shot her at point-blank range while she was being kissed, she confused the pain of death with that of love." So begins Rosario Tijeras, Jorge Franco's eponymous novel of a violent, violated woman on the run in 1980s Medellín, Colombia. Her name - evoking the rosary and scissors - bespeaks her conflict as a woman who becomes a contract killer to insulate herself from the random violence of the streets.

True Blood Season 1/Third Watch Season 2/The Equalizer Season 1(Xmas Gift)/Tutti Frutti(Xmas gift)/Moon(Xmas Gift) on DVD.

District 9/Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs/Let The Right One In on Blu-ray.

Last Chance Harvey
State of Play
Changeling
Defiance

The X Files
Nothing but the Truth
Amazing Grace

Battlestar Galactica Season 4.5
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Robot Chicken Season 4

Oh, sorry, yes, the movie....I want to Believe

I've never seen any of the TV show or any film of it, so this will be different for me.

That's very interesting. I liked the movie, but probably only because I'm in love with the show & the first film. I hope it doesn't dissuade you from checking out the series and Fight the Future.

That's very interesting. I liked the movie, but probably only because I'm in love with the show & the first film. I hope it doesn't dissuade you from checking out the series and Fight the Future.

Well, my OH picked out that film, he's seen the TV series and liked it, I'm taking a wait and see attitude. :)

Back