• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently purchased DVDs

Just got these on blu-ray:

No Country for Old Men
Dark City
The Road Warrior
Black Rain
The Midnight Meat Train
Iron Maiden ~ Flight 666

Very nice. I really want to watch Midnight Meat Train.
---
Got an anime off my amazon wishlist. Trigun vol. 3 (we've been buying them out of order - just finding them at used bookstores). Now we're only missing vol. 4.

I watched both films and enjoyed them very much :D. Did you see those two movies?

Yes,I have seen all three actually.I am assuming that the gore of Hellraiser must be amazing on Blu-Ray?

I heard Orphan is pretty good also,can't wait to see it.

A couple of European ones, since I've been slacking off in that department lately;

Die Welle and Der Baader-Meinhof Komplex (Germany, 2008 )
Involuntary (Sweden, 2008 )
I Served The King of England (Czech Rep., 2006)

Also, the s1 box sets of Dollhouse and The Middleman. Why oh why was The Middleman cancelled? They fought evil so we didn't have to!

Well, I recently went kind of "dvd crazy" and bought the following:

all 6 seasons of The Sopranos
season 1 of 24
season 4 of Supernatural
seasons 4 and 5 of Lost (which strangely enough is already available here even though the US release date is Dec. 8)

I'm usually broke long before Christmas :D

Very impressive, NotTheDoctor.

Why do I not see Psych and Burn Notice on your list?

Never actually watched Psych, even though I really like Dule Hill (love love love The West Wing). As for Burn Notice, I don't watch every week but when I do I'm glued to the screen, it's so much fun! Don't think the DVDs are available here, though. BTW, do you know if Cagney & Lacey is available on DVD? :D

Cagney & Lacey is available on DVD. That being said, I don't know if it's available in Region 4 format or not.

Star Trek - Bue Ray,

i am not a huge star trek fan, but many poeple I know really liked it...I plan on watching it when i have some free time this weekend.

Star Trek - Bue Ray,

i am not a huge star trek fan, but many poeple I know really liked it...I plan on watching it when i have some free time this weekend.

My boyfriend said it was excellent, and made it possible to have more movies involving the original crew. I also heard the actor that played Bones stole the spotlight.

Oh man, I need one of those DVD players.

But yeah, Cagney & Lacey is available on DVD. :D

Can I come over and watch DVDs?

Back