• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Richard Laymon

Leisure is releasing The Cellar later this year. I'm looking forward to it as I've never read it and I've heard it's one of his best.

Cellar

I agree, it is one of his better works. IT is part of the Beast House Series and one of his earlier pieces. It is only fairly short though, my Headline paperpack copy only has 254 pages. But well worth the read.

Bye

Just finished The Cellar and I thought it was one of the best by him that I've read. I was surprised by how graphic it was. I'm looking forward to the rest of the 'Beast House Chronicles' which I believe Leisure are going to be releasing in order.

I've asked my Mother to get me some Richard Laymon books for my happy birthday. I've only ever read The Travelling Vampire Show. Which ones would you recommend I ask her to get? Does anyone else thing that these are Point Horror, adult style? I used to love Point Horror as a kid. So bad, they're good.

I just read Laymon for the first time. Into the Fire. I believe it was originally called The Glory Bus. What a mess. I can't think of how to describe this because I know horror is usually pointless but this takes it to a whole other level. What a piece of trash. A lot of you seem to think highly of him so I'll give him another shot. The Jack the Ripper story seems worth checking out.

I agree, it is one of his better works. IT is part of the Beast House Series and one of his earlier pieces. It is only fairly short though, my Headline paperpack copy only has 254 pages. But well worth the read.

Bye

Does anyone know what the rest of the titles in that series are?

Sorry i'm new at this, so sorry if i get things wrong!

Anybody out there Richard Laymon fans? I would like to talk to anyone who actually likes him.
My favourites are: Endless Night, Island, Quake & Savage.
Would like to know what you thought of any of his books and if there are any other authors out there that come close to writing like he does.

:) :) CARY

Hi,
I absolutely love Richard Laymon. I try and buy all of his novels. But it is really hard to get some of them to Australia.
My favourite books that i have read about 5 or 6 times are: Endless Night, Quake, Island and Savage. I love all his books, but i read those ones a whole lot more.
I would love to talk to you about his books.

Regards
CARY

Of those you mention, I've read Endless Night and Island. Savage is supposed to be released later this year here in the States.

Savage is supposed to be released later this year here in the States.
Strange that it should take so long. I think it was out over here in the late eighties or early nineties. Then again, Laymon's popularity was secured over here rather than in his homeland.

I've never figured that out either, why most of his books weren't available over here. Until Leisure started putting his books out in '99, his stuff was hard to find in stores.

There were four of them:

THE CELLAR
THE BEAST HOUSE
THE MIDNIGHT TOUR
FRIDAY NIGHT AT BEAST HOUSE

The only one that isn't available, (unless you want to spend $30 on an out of print) is Friday Night at Beast House. I wonder if that will be reprinted also...like the other have recently.

Does anyone know what order they go in?

Just finished The Woods Are Dark, released here in the states for the first time completely unexpurgated after Warner Publishing took a hatchet to it back in '82. It was released in the UK uncut though. It's one of his better ones, full of backwood, inbred mutants, tons of gore and sexual violence. Leisure has been releasing a lot of his crappier ones, so I was glad to finally see this one out. At 215 pages it was a quick read, which is a good change of pace from the usual 400 pages he churned out.

The next one they will be releasing is Beware.

Back