• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Saw V

SFG75

How in the world do people still find themselves powerfless before jigsaw? Seriously.:lol:

Still a grueling film to watch. I wonder how many of these theycan turn out.:innocent:

This is the movie that I have chosen to use as the generic example of all that is crap nowadays in the horror genre and that which Hollywood produces more generally as well. Whenever I show a film in class that actually centers around a story of some kind and the kids always whine and I say "Sorry, it's not Saw V is it?"

Even for the Saw series, the acting in Part V was quite poor. Julie Benz (Dexter's girlfriend) was the only one who gave a decent performance.

I think (and hope) the series is going to end with Part VI. We'll see what happens.

Creepy...I watched it last night and hope it ends too.You have to wonder how this guy thinks up all this stuff:whistling:

I watched the first, 2nd and 3rd...when it came to the 4th I got through about 15 mins and just could not watch any more! I feel as though movies have become mindless gore now days and I see no purpose in it :whistling:

At first I thought they were very cool. (Though I first saw them in middle school) The first and kind of the second was okay, but as they keep coming out it falls out of the genre characteristics. It's not scary, just nasty and boring. In the beginning it looked promising, but it just went south from there.

Secondly, when they made the 3rd movie which was strictly fan based tortures, that was the major turning point for me. Who thinks up tortures and send them in as a competition? That's messed up. It essentially just wasn't needed.

It started okay, but should've ended at 2.

Back