• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Show Yourself (images)

Here's a cheesecake photo of me taken when I was in my daring youth:

bertha.jpg

StillILearn said:
You look exactly like your cat, mrkgnao! It's absolutely amazing! :eek:

Yup, we have the same evil eye, that come'n'get it attitude... we're birds of a feather, really. Guess that's why we cuddle'n'fight... :rolleyes:

I'm the one in my avatar.

Is it that difficult to post a real picture of yourself?

That question was in regards to those of you who didn't post pictures or real pictures of themself.

blurricus said:

That question was in regards to those of you who didn't post pictures or real pictures of themself.
Some people prefer anonymity, blurricus. Myself included.

Do you know that the average person has 701 pictures of themselves? And on the internet they will post the most flattering. And generally, seeing a picture of someone you have become "friendly" (and I mean that in the loosest sense, not necessarily romantically) with online will alter your perceptions of them.

My source was either The Guardian or The Independent from last week sometime. Helpful, I know.

blurricus said:
Actually, some people may not know how to and/or may not have the facilities to do so.

Most people probably just don't want to.

steffee said:
seeing a picture of someone you have become "friendly" (and I mean that in the loosest sense, not necessarily romantically) with online will alter your perceptions of them.

Worked for me. ;)

Back