• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King

Don't worry about it. I try not to waste my time on King. I only read Lisey's Story on a whim, since there was a thread created in anticipation of it.

Like Garp (and John Irving) - every author has just one great book in him. King reached it with The Shining. Everything else since has been mediocore. I think I keep reading his stuff in the hopes that he will somehow reach that level again. I've been consistently disappointed.

The Dark Tower books are fantastic. If only King could maintain that same level of story telling I would be fully satified. Sadly that is not the case.

The Dark Tower books are fantastic. If only King could maintain that same level of story telling I would be fully satified. Sadly that is not the case.

See, funny. I know a ton of people who think the 'Dark Tower' series is absolute garbage. I personally haven't read eithet Cell or The Dark Tower series but as always I find it fascinating how different minds like different works.

Like Garp (and John Irving) - every author has just one great book in him. King reached it with The Shining. Everything else since has been mediocore. I think I keep reading his stuff in the hopes that he will somehow reach that level again. I've been consistently disappointed.

Yes, the Shining was good--pure King--but Misery was even better.

I always wonder when he can come back to that level. Now, I wonder no more. :(

Looks like King has an impresive forum.

What is the story about Blaze? Is this just a re-release or something brand spankin' new?:confused:

With a rather strange assortment of characters, as evidenced by this thread.

LOL-That thread is hilarious!. :D

"I dreamed he was at Border's with me." and "We were at a hotel in Maine." No wonder he wrote about an obsessed and delusional "fan" in Lisey's Story.:eek:

Thanks Aqua-I'll keep an eye out for that one. He doesn't rest much does he?

I wanted to start a forum about Stephen King books because I honestly enjoy his books very much, even those some of his newer books are quiet disappointing (*cough* CELL *cough*) and I just wanted to see if there were any others who enjoyed his writing as well :D.

Yeah I was planning on getting that once I was finished all the books. I am on Wolves of the Calla. I havnt read that one yet its the next one I need to read so shh don't give it away :p. I have 400 pages left of The Stand. I am reading the uncut edition and it is amzing but don't give that one away either :p lol.

I am less than 100 pages from finishing the entire series. Tomorrow I'll be done with it. I am beginning to read the concordance and I love it. I will, or course, re-read the series again in a few months. :)

Don't feel bad, amanda...the first thing I did when I came here was created one of our 100+ vampire threads in the horror section. That was the really horrifying thing about it. LOL

Back