• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stephen King

I read Cujo over the weekend, and I was very disappointed. The plot required far too many coincidences, and he left open the presence in the closet.

I think King is fine. There is this one novel of his that is mostly unknown - don't know why - and it's such a fun read. It's called The Eyes of the Dragon (1987). I might readi it again in the future. I used to be a real hardcore Stephen King fan to be frank. The Dark Tower series blew me away. I will read On Writing. Every single person I know (online) has recommended that one highly. I'll get to it ASAP.

I read Cujo over the weekend, and I was very disappointed. The plot required far too many coincidences, and he left open the presence in the closet.

Another way to look at it is that the coincidences are what make the novel so good. All those things had to happen before mom and the kid and the Pinto end up in the barnyard with a rabid dog, starting with some red food dye in a breakfast cereal. :D

He's not my absolute favorite author, but I'd say Top 10. My personal favorites of his are Carrie, The Stand, and Needful Things. When my uncle passed away, I inherited his Stephen King collection of mostly 1st Edition hardcover books. They stay on my shelf, and no one touches them. If I want to read one, I'll buy it in paperback.

What about Just after Sunset! He's such an incredible writer - Shawshank and Green Mile are the best, I'm commercial I know.

What about Just after Sunset! He's such an incredible writer - Shawshank and Green Mile are the best, I'm commercial I know.

I don't think I've ever cried harder during a book than I did with Green Mile. I still haven't seen the movie, because I don't want to cry again! *lol* And I'm kind of reading Shawshank...it's my bathtime reading right now.

Hi... I just re-read The Stand. Actually it was like reading it for the first because I read the unexpurgated version. It was a bit of a bummer because I knew the ending but the esperience of reading the book was brand new. They left out over four hundred++ pages King originally intended for the book. It is a great read with those pages added. I highly suggest re-reading it for those of you who may have read the book as it was originally issued. I love this book!

Back