• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Suggestions: March 2012 BOTM - A book that was turned into a movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landslide

Suggestions for March BOTM. Must be a book that was turned into a movie.

One suggestion per member, please.

The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Turned into a movie not once but many times...

I didn't say it was my suggestion. I was just putting it out there for someone else to borrow as an idea.

Hi I am new here. I would like to recommend The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle. I look forward to partaking in this exercise of reading enjoyment with you all.

Schindler's Ark - Thomas Keneally (aka Schindler's List)

From Wiki:

Schindler's Ark is a Booker Prize-winning novel published in 1982 by Australian Thomas Keneally, which was later adapted into the highly successful movie Schindler's List directed by Steven Spielberg. The United States version of the book was called Schindler's List from the beginning; it was later re-issued in Commonwealth countries under that name as well.

The book tells the story of Oskar Schindler, a Nazi Party member, who turns into the unlikely hero. It is a historical novel which describes actual people and events with fictional dialogue and scenes added by the author. It won the Booker Prize for fiction in 1982.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back