• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Swine Flu Concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have no H1N1 outbreaks. Ironically, I did hear report of a local man died from some form of flesh eating bacteria here on the island. They have no idea how he contracted it. If its not one thing it's another.

I think part of the problem is that they over report a story in the media while all the government officials tell you not to panic. I don't trust the government or the media to tell me when to panic! There could be zombies running around in the background the the officials well keep saying there's no reason to panic.

I thought I'd throw in zombies just for fun.:D

On second thought, flesh eating bacteria is kind of similar.:eek:

I wasn't particularly worried about it until I heard that one of my regular customers has it. I woke up yesterday with a tickle in my throat! I spent the whole day drinking hot tea with echinacea and lots of Vitamin C. I'm happy to report I feel healthy as a horse today!

yes indeed.
1pigflygif.gif

I knew i saw it somewhere...

Swine flu to cause chaos and anarchy!:eek::eek::eek:

The swine flu pandemic could kill millions and cause anarchy in the world's poorest nations unless £900m can be raised from rich countries to pay for vaccines and antiviral medicines, says a UN report leaked to the Observer.

The disclosure will provoke concerns that health officials will not be able to stem the growth of the worldwide H1N1 pandemic in developing countries. If the virus takes hold in the poorest nations, millions could die and the economies of fragile countries could be destroyed.

Thats it, I'm going to duct tape all of the openings to my house, put masks on the little ones, and call it good.:cool:

Well have had another 4 confirmed cases in the last week which I've been in contact with (comes with being a front line doc for paediatrics). To be fair it's actually milder than normal flu and the media's blown the thing out of proportion. The only consideration is that by definition pandemic flus are more contagious.

Hence it comes down to something like (not using actual nos)
Normal flu - super severe in 5 in 1000 but affects 1% of gen population
Pandemic flu- super severe in 2 in 1000 but affects 5-10% of gen population and puts a greater burden on health care services.

Governments are more concerned that a greater proportion of the workforce will be off sick exacerbating economic concerns.

Just got my swine flu shot at work free charge. I now have an insatiable desire for bacon.

Well have had another 4 confirmed cases in the last week which I've been in contact with (comes with being a front line doc for paediatrics). To be fair it's actually milder than normal flu and the media's blown the thing out of proportion. The only consideration is that by definition pandemic flus are more contagious.

Hence it comes down to something like (not using actual nos)
Normal flu - super severe in 5 in 1000 but affects 1% of gen population
Pandemic flu- super severe in 2 in 1000 but affects 5-10% of gen population and puts a greater burden on health care services.

Governments are more concerned that a greater proportion of the workforce will be off sick exacerbating economic concerns.

That is the most interesting piece of real information i read in a while.Thank you Mister Bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back