• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tattoos and Piercings

Freya

Apologies if there's been a thread about this very topic pre-Freya days.. if you want you can link it back :)

Anyone any tattoos or piercings? :D

I love tattoos, I love the idea of being able to doodle all over yourself. I also like piercings - in moderation. There's some that make me cringe, some that just look a mess - but in terms of wat I like, my favourite is the eyebrow. I can't resist a bloke with his eyebrow pierced. Sad maybe, strange very probably :) I go through times of really wanting my eyebrow done, but I think it looks best on lasses who take care of their personal appearance. I'm a bit of a scruff, think it'd just make me look more scruffy :D

I had an online friend from Arkansas and she was covered in Tatoos and piercings. She was a bit of a "Human-pin-cushion" ..a bit of a chainsaw face. She acted tough and was aggressive.
I think She was hiding behind her tatoos and piercings in fact. I think he was trying to project a certain image....

As for myself they're not really my kind of thing -these days I'll be put of by that kind of thing - I TRY to keep an open mind though.....

I'd like to get a small, tasteful and easily covered tattoo but have a fear of commitment. Is there anything out there that I like, and will still like forever and ever? Seems doubtful.

I have my belly button pierced, and would like to update jewelry but can't even commit to something there. Just have the simple loop.

The eyebrow piercing would be a problem in getting an office job here. I like how the look but I hear they grow out quite frequently.

i have 2 tattoos - a paw print on my lower back and a unicorn on my right shoulder. i love them and am gettin another one. a small flower on my foot. i like them if they are small and not to vulgar.
i also had my eyebrow pierced and my belly button too, but i removed them because it was just a phase i think. also i looked a little scary with my eyebrow bar in! i considered gettin my tongue done but even i couldnt go that far! only got my ears done these days and i dont really wear any earings!

amy :D

I rarely wear earrings these days just one hoop, right at the top of my ear. Belly pierced too.

Ashlea - I had that issue for a while, I ended up getting a tribal pattern - its not Celtic and it doesn't mean anything! Its just random black patternedness. Its cool, if a bit on the small side - I'm thinking of getting it extended.

Currently, I don't have any piercings or tattoos. I did have pierved ears at one point, but that was years back and at the time I didn't like it and it seemed too much of a hassle to keep up with.
I have considered getting a tattoo, but I'm not sure if I could find one symbol, word or image that I can be sure I would want for such a long time. I think a well chosen and well done tattoo can be beautiful, and some of my friends have plans to get some very thought out ones of their own

I had my ear pierced over 20 years ago. When everyone else started doing it, I stopped.

Okay, here's where I'm going to get blasted. :D

I can't stand to see any of that crap on a woman. To each their own and all, but nothing turns me off more than seeing what some people do to their bodies.

Hell, too much makeup even turns me off (and I hate when I smear my lipstick :eek: )

That said, maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and decide to get my balls welded together. I hear Litany's running a special this week.

RaVeN

Why would you get blasted?! You have an opinion, voice it - my motto :)

Raven is it just women who you hate to see deface themselves? What about blokes? :D

If it's mutilating other people then I just can't get enough. Catch me in a good mood and I'll poke holes in you for free.

As for tattoos, they don't look so great when you're 80 years old and the rose you got tattooed on your shoulder is hanging down somewhere near your arse. And you could argue that you aren't likely to be still lap dancing at that time of life anyway, but some of us know that our pensions aren't going to cover our expensive crack habits and we just have to be realistic.

And as much as it pains me to agree with Beardy McChin, it just doesn't look good to be scribbled all over. Though I will always find much hilarity in those people who don't read Chinese that get Chinese words written on their bodies for the rest of their lives by other people who also don't read Chinese. I think it's wonderful.

I also greatly appreciate those Chinese people who don't read English and wear random English words on their clothing in order to provide amusement for others. Must see if I can find that 'Chief Urine Tester' photo.

My old nan's fancy man, Big Dan we called him :D had one of those dancing women on his arm. Fecking hilarious it was. We'd sit around Big Dan's feet on cold winter evenings and he'd make that wench dance all night. We had to make our own entertainment in those days. Of course little Dan didn't have any tattoos. He might now. I haven't seen him in years. Little fecker threw his cornflakes up all over the floor when we were in hospital. Odd quirks of fate that make you share hotel wards with family members.

I've just read back through my post, and it occurs to me that I might have had too much sugar this evening.

i kind of agree about some tattoos being really bad and out of place. however well placed and well done tattoos are a work of art! but on skin instead of paper!

amy :D

Ashlea said:
I'd like to get a small, tasteful and easily covered tattoo but have a fear of commitment.

I've always wanted a very small tattoo just above my hip but I know i'll never get it done - I can just picture myself at 80 - all wrinkly with a tattoo :eek: That's what puts me off.

I do have my navel pierced though :) I also have my ears pierced but rarely wear earrings.

Freya said:
Raven is it just women who you hate to see deface themselves? What about blokes? :D

How do I explain this?

It appeared to me that people we're doing it to be different, saying "hey, look at me. I'm a unique, individual". The problem is, it's no longer unique or individual. It's almost a peer presure thing now. Some feel they have to do it just to fit in...and that's not cool.

Let me also state that my son is a tattoo artist. He probably has 3 or 4, along with a pierced tongue and a few holes in each lobe. Maybe it's because he didn't get enough attention from me while growing up. Or maybe that doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

As some of you may know, my hair is considered long for a man. Have you ever listened to the old Harry Chapin song, Cats in the Cradle?

RaVeN

I know. Sometimes I just like to press the little keys and see what pops out.

WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

RaVeN

Yeh.... well I know its hardly original and unique to get tattoos/piercings these days but unfortunately I was in the womb when it was unique. I could try something incredibly unique now, like hmmm skin stapling maybe? And peer pressure??! Now I know we get to blame it for a lot of stuff, but I can't imagine ever feeling pressured into getting myself pierced. Hmm Litany's right, you didn't even vaguely answer the question - you just justified your views on piercings/tattoos in general :D Have another go Raven.

How about hot spork branding? I guarantee you'll be the first kid in the neighbourhood with Litany Brand TM spork marks on your botty.

Or limb swapping? You could swap an arm with a leg, no fear of tissue rejection or accusations of unoriginality.

Scars look much cooler than tattoos, and you can make up all sorts of interesting stories about how you got them. Great for breaking the ice at parties, plus no one ever starts fights with people that have huge long visible scars. Especially if they're carrying around a cheese grater.

Of course, you could always go retro. You don't see many youngsters out and about with old style sailor tattoos. Did I ever mention my nan's fancy man, Big Dan? He even had a Pop Eye style anchor on his bicep. At the time I thought it was kind of gross, but looking back I see how cool he really was.

Freya said:
Have another go Raven.

If you insist, but after this I really MUST be getting ready for work.

Sure, it turns me off on males as well. I'm torn though because of the appearence of my son. I love the little shit and know what he's made of, yet I turn my back on others of the like. I know, that's my problem. I'll admit it, I'm close minded on the whole topic...but I can live with it.

RaVeN

Back