• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tattoos and Piercings

There's also a more hardcore type of body alteration....branding.

Exactly what it states. Using some kind of design made out of metal the design is burned into the skin which causes a brand, or scar.

There's also splitting the tip of the tongue so that you would have almost a snake type "dual" tip on your tongue.

What some people will do to set themselves apart from others...

I find the big plugs in peoples ears distracting. Stretching the earlobe to create ever larger holes...why?????

Trust me, they split other things too. :eek: Ever taken a look at an extreme body alteration website? :eek: :eek:
Around where I live, a couple of small tattoos and four earrings in one ear is pushing the limits. But what some people do is really extreme. :rolleyes:

I have plugs in both ears. Most people think they're ugly, but this is one time I don't care about what other people think. I love those plugs!

I've also been giving scarification (like branding, only a knife) some thought, but I'm not too sure about it. It looks really nice on some people, and it sure beats a tattoo in my opinion, but I'm scared it'll hurt too much and get infected. Besides, I wouldn't know where exactly to put it. I thought my shoulder blade, foot or ankle, but scar tissue near joints isn't such a good idea...

Well, that just goes to show ya how out of touch I am- I had no idea there were such a thing as ear plugs-I thought you were talking about the plugs you wear when you go swimming. A look at the link lies provided quickly showed me yet another trend I never knew existed. :rolleyes:

Now, I'll say...ugh. I haven't seen anything like that since I saw pictures in National Geographic of some African tribeswomen.

Around here, a lot of guys think if a girl has a tat across her lower back, then she likes to have sex in a certain position. ;) I don't share that sentiment and have no personal experiences to prove one side or the other.

The tat I have on my lower back was done when the kids you're talking about were learning to spell their names!

It isn't because I like a certain position.

Sheesh, trendoid annoys me!

Kookamor - i am totally innocent and have no idea what you are implying....:D
Miss Shelf - you can get different studs to put on the tongue stud. Lots of different colours and the kind that glows in the dark. Though im not quite sure how you would show them off without going around with your tongue hanging out! lol!
Eek! i have a paw print on my lower back!! Didnt know it meant what you just said it ment!

i am thinking of getting a tattoo, i have been for about 10 years, and i came across this one. what do you all think?
cowass.jpg

and i would like anyone to notice i used the search function and found an old thread as opposed to starting a new one. however this one did seem to veer off topic.... :rolleyes: :D

I have a blue flower on my ankle, I'll see if I can get a pic up today. If you found something you like and aren't sure you could have it henna'ed (sp) on and try it out for awhile before having the actual tattoo.

Important to have the right one, mine is cover 2 others and they were big mistakes :eek:

jenngorham said:
i am thinking of getting a tattoo, i have been for about 10 years, and i came across this one. what do you all think?
cowass.jpg
jenn,

All I can think of is if this person loses weight (has a baby?), he/she's going to have a shriveled-up, wrinkly, mangy cat with a weird anus on his stomach. Not this one, please!

ell

Oh, I forgot, my profile pic is the drawing we used for my husbands tattoo, he has it on his arm.

Yes, I knew you were kidding. :)

Do you want something obvious that everyone can see - e.g. on your arm, or something more disreet that only you and hubby can appreciate?

i don't know. i am so undecided at this point. i have been undecided for 10 years. i was this close to getting one in japan, i had a friend who had a friend who knew someone who did tattoos for the yakuza but it didn't work out. thankfully i might add because i wouldn't want now what i had intended to get then.

If I could do it all again,I would have picked a different location, my ankle is not as easy to cover as I'd like it to be. I am getting a phoenix on the small of my back this fall, we're drawing it up now.

you won't get one jenn....you can can give birth to 2 children, and yet, the minute that needle comes close to you..you're a gonner!! you know, i know....who you kiddin'!

it's funny, i have 2 tattoos, one per ankle, and i don't find it too much of a bother...although one is tiney and on the inside of my ankle and the other one is closer to my foot on the outside of my ankle. my friend gretchen has a really cool one around her wrist, it looks like a celtic bracelet. but she got it just above shirt sleeve level so she could cover it up no problem for work and stuff.
i am addicted. i onaly have 4, but after my fourth i said that was it and now i am re-thinking...maybe just one more....

Back