• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tattoos and Piercings

For us to, man - think about it, the long-awaited return of the long-haired geezer!

Cheers, Martin

That was funny. But next time you butt into a private conversation between me and Phil, I'm pulling the air out from under your dog. :D

RaVeN

Tattoo's people - got em?

It's Friday and I'm playing ice-hockey tonight. Psyched.

So, you got any tattoo's or piercing's ?

I got ink. Tribal design on right shoulder. Told the artist to design something original and tribal. He did and I'm quite happy. Would like more, but I'm over 40 and.....they're expensive...and everyone's got em now.

Miss Shelf said:
Novella, is there a personality test for this? :D

Yeah, you wanna be rad. :rolleyes:

The Illustrated Man put me off tattoos for life. My mom thought we were going to Sound of Music or something, but we wound up in the same theater as that. First time I saw a naked man in the movies. :eek:

illustrated_man.jpg

I would never violate the temple that is my body with piercings and ink! It is strictly reserved for Cheetos, Dr. Pepper, and other fine and tasty wonders.

But when I was 9 I embroidered "If you want it come and get it"' on my ass! My dad threw the pants out.

"The Illustrated Man" turned me off tattoos too!

Do pierced ears count? I was daring in my youth and got second holes put in my earlobes. I don't often double 'em up, but when I do, I feel reckless! :D

no tattoos. i just couldn't committ. i mean had i gotten one at 17 -18 i might have a giant unicorn running through a waterfall on my butt.

maybe i will get a permanent mustard stain on my elbow.

LOL the illustrated man made me want more! JK

i have just one tattoo that i got about 13 years ago, it's on the small of my back on the left. it's a daisy and the stem is in the shape of a "J". daisies were my favorite flowers for awhile, they're still in my top 5. J is (obv) the first letter of my name. i felt like i was personalizing my body- making it more mine. i dunno, i guess that may sound silly. i would get another one, i've been planning to, but haven't gotten around to it. nothing nuts and showy, my tattoos are for me

anyway, only piercings are in my ears. one in the normal place on each side, and one on the right at the top. i never wear anything in that one anymore. piercing anywhere else kind of freak/gross me out.

Jenem said:
daisies were my favorite flowers for awhile, they're still in my top 5.

k not to harp on the whole " you are my west coast doppelganger" thing, but i had daisies for my bouquet, for the girls, in our hair, on the cake, hanging in strands around the room etc etc etc.

Sorry lies about the new thread/same post thing, guess I didn't dig down far enough. My bad.

But the last post in that thread was almost a year ago, and we have so many new people here (like me).

I blame my shit-howdy Friday attitude on the repeat post. I'll try to calm down.

As for bodies being temples and such...every now and then a new coat of paint goes a long way.... :D

In the good old days before every trendolino on the block had a tattoo I worked with a girl who had a rose on the back of her hand. She regretted it and said that it created problems for her, particularly when interviewing for a job.

Motokid said:
As for bodies being temples and such...every now and then a new coat of paint goes a long way.... :D

I don't know about that...

1. A coat of paint can be painted over, but when you decide that an angel with large breasts and an artilery rifle is out of vogue or doesn't fit with your new family life you're a little stuck...

2. A coat of paint might fade over time, but it won't make a dolphin turn into a whale with the onset of menopause, a beer gut or stretch marks.

3. A coat of paint can be applied and the surface is unlikely to change over time, but wrinkles and sagging over time can make your body art turn into one of those Mad magazine fold-in pages

But maybe you're using a special can of paint... ;)

Yep, never get a tattoo that can't be hidden by the most basic of clothing.
It's too bad, but that's the way society works.

A simple t-shirt and you'd never know I had one.

To each his own. I got mine over 10 years ago and have never regretted it. Might get one more. Not ruled it out completely.

I would never suggest that anyone under the age of about 25 get one, and these parents that are letting their 16-18 year olds get them should be gagged and beaten with a cane. Bad, bad idea.

Back