• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Big Bang Theory

I watched TBBT when I had a television, and loved it. I may just have to buy the DVDs.

Wouldn't you need a television to play the DVDs on? I know you can play them on a computer too but, to me, that is always annoying and my eyes get tired after a bit.

I absolutely love this show! I'm in the UK, so somewhat behind you guys. The Hot Troll ep was on a couple of days ago. So very funny. I loved the bits with Katee Sackoff and George Takei.

Wouldn't you need a television to play the DVDs on? I know you can play them on a computer too but, to me, that is always annoying and my eyes get tired after a bit.

:lol:
My bad, I meant television 'service', i.e. cable, satellite dish etc. I've had both at different times and it's too expensive for the returns, at least in my opinion.

Although on the desktop computer it isn't bad, but I agree, on one of our laptops a DVD isn't as easily watched.

The Big Bang Theory is one of my 'must watch' TV programs. I have only just begun collecting the series sets and am awaiting the arrival of season 2 in the mail--gotta love the convenience of eBay.

Like it is with most foreign TV series/material airing here in Oz we are no doubt trailing far behind elsewhere in the known world.

I got into this show on recommendations from this forum, and bought Season 1 on DVD a few months ago. I started it and enjoyed it but never finished it due to busyness/studies etc. Just started up again, and it does get better. At episode 12 at the moment. Really enjoyed the episode with the child prodigy, Kim, who manages to make Sheldon reappraise his life, and the episode where they lie to Penny about not going to see her singing. That was very funny.

I've started watching season one of this show with my boyfriend. We're really liking it a lot so far. Just finished the second disc.

I just finished season two of the show, and hate to admit that I liked the first season better. Not so much emphasis on relationships.

I just finished watching Season 1 on Friday. I really enjoyed the second half of season one more than the first half. Will be picking up Season 2 soonish from Amazon.

The final episode with Leonard and Penny was great, but the episode with Sheldon's twin sister was too funny - Rajesh was hilarious in that episode.

I've just grabbed Season 2 off of iTunes. Will stick a few eps onto my iPhone to watch in the next few days...

I got to the beginning of season three, but to be honest I don't really have much motivation to continue watching the show. Sheldon is the best character though so if I do feel the need to see more it would be because of him.

I just finished season two of the show, and hate to admit that I liked the first season better. Not so much emphasis on relationships.

In order for any show to continue past a first season, there has to be an evolution with the relationships. Without that, the show quickly becomes stale and dies.

Finished watching Season 2 the other day. I really enjoyed it, actually preferring it to Season 1. Sheldon definitely a strong character, and I noticed how he gets more preference to Leonard in Season 2. In Season 1 it was like they were a pair, now it's more like Leonard is the supporting character of the two. Still - some classic comedy TV. Will grab Season 3 when I've got some time to watch it...

George Takei : " A woman wants to be wooed".

Katee Sackhoff : "How would you know?"

Zolipara - I LOVE your signature quote! I've read all of TG's work and that line is awesome. I bet it makes anyone who hasn't read the series scratch their head and wonder what the hell that could possibly mean.

Back