• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

"He was swimming, rotating from front to back, thrashing his arms and legs and puffing out his cheeks, and it seemed as if he'd been swimming forever...."

From East is East by T. C. Boyle.

"Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed."

Ulysses

"Selden paused in surprise." A very strong and intriguing beginning in my opinion.Edith Wharton- The House of Mirth

There was a faint smell of oil, turpentine and beeswax in the shop, and while an assistant scuried off to fetch the owner Ramage glanced first at the sporting guns in the racks round the walls and then at the pairs of pistols nestling in their mahogany cases which almost covered one end of the counter.

Ramage's Diamond by Dudley Pope

I've not started the trilogy yet. Still working my way through the books that I have already purchased before I buy more (the hubby insists on it;)).

Prologue: The Wrath Of God​

He would have to go back to the village soon. He had been swimming for almost an hour.

On The Fifth Day by A.J. Hartley

Back