• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

Migey, it is said somewhere "ask and ye shall receive" or summat of that order.!
Well Migey you asked and....see here ->->->-> On The Fifth Day

He's a Brit too and a brill read to boot, if I do say so myself. ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y14_steelclaw32_08.gif

'The temperature of the Refuge varied from 99 degrees Fahrenheit to 101 degrees Fahrenheit'.

- The World Jones Made by Philip K Dick.

Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, 'and what is the use of a book,' thought Alice 'without pictures or conversation?'

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

The boy lay prone in the grass, his chin resting on his hands.-The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Prologue
The Western Desert, 523 bc​

The fly had been pestering the Greek all morning, As if the furnace-like heat of the dersert wasn't enough and the forced marches, and the stale rations, now he had this added torment. He cursed the gods and landed a heavy blow
on his cheek, dislodging a shower sweat droplets, but missing the insect by some way.

Paul Sussman: The Lost Army Of Cambyses where were introduced to
Inspector Yusuf Kahalifa, and unlike the fly above, he won't be swatted dead, he's like a dog at a bone....he will not leave well enough alone and pisses off the baddies no end.

"The distance between Baehler Passage, where Zaki Bey el Dessouki lives, and his office in the Yacoubian Building is not more than a hundred meters, but it takes him an hour to cover it each morning as he is obliged to greet his friends on the street."

- The Yacoubian Building by Alaa al Aswany.

Florence and I were sitting forty kilometres south of Limoges, in Correze, almost exactly in the centre of France.

~ In the Merde for Love by Stephen Clarke

Geek Love is one of my favorite books. I'd love to erase having read it so I could have the sheer pleasure of reading it again for the first time. This is true of many books but especially true of Geek Love. What do you think about it?

"Maerad was a being of the upper regions of air,bodiless and free,without self or memory or name." from The Riddle,The second book of Pellinor.

"One never knows when the blow may fall."

I'm not NOW reading the book which contains this first sentence. I read it last month.

"In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village that looked across the river and the plain to the mountains."

A Farewell to Arms - Ernest hemingway

This is going to take some getting used to.

"Albert R. Shadle was the world's foremost expert on the sexuality of small woodland creatures."

err,i dunno weather to do the prolouge or the first chapter,so i do both mwahaha!

Prolouge

The shockwave from the explosion threw Otto tumbling out of control through the air.

First Chapter

Nero strode down the street towards the opera house,

mwahahahaha...

In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village that looked across the river and the plain to the mountains.
-A Farewell to Arms, Ernest Hemingway

Back