• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

Mary Roach-Bonk

"Albert R. Shadle was the world's foremost expert on the sexuality of small woodland creatures."

The face of Nicholas Easter was slightly hidden by a display rack filled with slim cordless phones, and he was looking not directly at the hidden camera but somehere off to the left, perhaps at a customer, or perhaps at a counter where a group of kids hovered over hte latest electronic games from Asia.
-John Grisham, The Runaway Jury:cool:

The scarlet macaw looks like a creature dreamed up by Dr. Suess.

The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw by Bruce Barcott

Medicine Creek, Kansas. Early August. Sunset. The great sea of yellow corn stretches from horizon to horizon under an angry sky.

Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child's Still Life Of Crows Chapter:1....

Fire inthe Blood-Irène Némirovsky

"We were drinking a light punch,the kind we had when I was young ,and all sitting around the fire,My Erard cousins ,their children and I."

My father is dying. He's in the oncology ward at Toronto's Wellesly Hospital,cancer eating away at his colon,his rectum-parts of the body people think it's funny to talk about.

End Of An Era by Robert J Sawyer

The ways of God in Nature, as in Providence, are not as our ways; nor as the models that we frame any way commensurate to the vastness, profundity, and unsearchableness of His works, which have a depth in them greater than the well of Democritus.

~Joseph Glanvill.

A Descent into the Maelstrom, by Edgar Allan Poe.

The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective.

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

Only Call Us Faithful-Marie Jakober(A Novel of the Union Underground)

The past is always with me now.

"Doctor or lawyer–my only two options. These would be your only two options if you had Asian parents." from Yellow on the Outside, Shame on the Inside: Asian Culture Revealed by Anson Chi. It's technically two sentences but they pretty much sum up Asian parents! haha :lol::lol:

So it seem Asian parents are like most parents?
BTW If you want to promote a book you might as well show a bit of subtility..

Back