• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

That's a good point, actually! With the special effects of today, there is no reason why he cannot have a second head in the movie! I don't think it would be really that hard to pull it off.

Men in Black II had someone with a second head, I think. It was the dude from Jack-ass. Johnny Knoxville. If MiB can have multiple heads, Zaphod Beeblebrox can too. Besides, the story wouldn't work if there weren't two heads.

Men in Black II had someone with a second head
And it looked shite. There are a boatload of problems to be dealt with if you want to put a digital head on a real actor. I think they made a good choice.

Cheers

Alan Rickman is supposed to be doing Marvin's voice. I'd have never picked him for that but it sounds about right. I can just hear it now, "I have this pain in the diodes..."

I don't know, they're all supposed to have English accents. I guess I'm stuck on the TV series still.

I think Alan Rickman is perfect for Marvin - he has this depressed quality to his voice.

Cheers

We were thinking of going to see it next week sometime ... okay, I was thinking of going to see it next week ... the missus might get dragged along as well :)

Its got okay reviews from what I've seen, no ones actually panning it so it cant be terrible ... Martin Freeman was on Jonathan Ross last night and the clips they showed seemed fairly close to the narrative.

Phil

phil_t said:
We were thinking of going to see it next week sometime ... okay, I was thinking of going to see it next week ... the missus might get dragged along as well :)
:rolleyes: Very generous of you considering I was the one who wanted to see it in the first place :cool:

Saw the movie last night...what to say. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. The plot is entirely too choppy, though it does have its moments. It strayed away from the book quite a bit and I think it would've been more enjoyable had I not just read the book. Normally I prefer to read the book and then see the movie, but this diverged from the book enough that it caused me to think of the discrepencies throughout the movie. My husband, who hasn't read the book recently, enjoyed the movie more than I did.

This review sums it up nicely.

Back