• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hmmmm, bit too early to say it looks brilliant as you don't actually see much. Not sure about this movie but maybe I am just being cynical :D

Don't like the way they have done Marvin. He said he had a brain the size of a planet, not a head! :eek:

We will see. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Oh this is disturbing. Nothing will approach the original radio program in terms of originality, attitude, and sheer silliness, but this is looking so far removed from the radio program that it's beginning to verge on the exact thing Adams was poking fun at to begin with.

Fortunately, somewhere, I still have tapes of the radio program. No computer-generated images and zillion dollar special effects, just a great cast, a wonderful script, and "Journey of the Sorcerer," but bigger is not always better.

Irene Wilde

Yeah, I agree, but maybe, just maybe, they'll be able to pull it off.

I'm having faith.

Cheers

Good. I don't think I will. I fear that it could only be done properly with Douglas Adams' input, but as that is now not to be, it will certainly lose its "Adams-ness", which is what makes the novels good. Oh, I know what I mean (even if no-one else does).

fear that it could only be done properly with Douglas Adams' input, but as that is now not to be, it will certainly lose its "Adams-ness

Unless, of course, they use a ouija board. :D

I too am very sceptical of this. I will go see it though. Hopefully, against all the odds, it will actually be good :)

I so want it to be good. Of course, I wanted Van Helsing to be good, too, and you see how that turned out.

Martin said:
I assume you did not?

Cheers

NO, personally I didn't like it :)

A friend at work said it's actuall the worst movie he has ever watched in his entire life! While I would not actually be THAT harsh to the movie, I did find it boring and really stupid.

Even more stupid than
Signs! Where aliens are hurt by water ! Aliens that aer hurt by water come to a planet that is 2/3 water and where it rains water to kidnap people that are... you guessed it... made of 75 percent
water! Although, I did actually like that movie :)

If its anything like some of the movies they've released based on old TV shows its probably going to get butchered. What, other than better special effects, can they hope to gain over the original TV series? :D

Back