• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

In my opinion, this cast is a complete disaster, with the possible exception of Bill Nighy. As for Dent and Prefect ... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... <walks off shaking head>

I like Sam Rockwell. Don't know if he's a proper Zaphod, but I liked him in all his other work.

Oh, and Ashlea, did you see the recent The Italian Job? Apparently, Mos Def (what is that, by the way) was in there somewhere.

Cheers, Martin :D

Indeed, and Matchstick Men, and The Green Mile, and .. well .. some other stuff.

He's quite good!

I haven't seen any of those films, but if you two say he's good, then I'll take your word for it! Still think Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent are worryingly miscast, though.

Well, I don't actually know this Martin Freeman chap (first name's ok, though), but I think he has the right, kind of nerdy look.

Could be wrong, though.

Mos Def is a rapper ..... or possibly a wrapper. Im not sure which!!

Either way, this movie is DOOMED i tell you, DOOMED!!

Which Sucks :(

Phil

I think Arthur Dent is the only one they got right. Martin Freeman could make a very good Arthur Dent.

But then, I wanted Eddie Izzard as Ford Prefect. :eek:

Martin Freeman is the same in everything I have seen him in - the man cannot act. All he does is stare at the camera and look puzzled. Whilst looking puzzled is a good thing for the role of Arthur Dent, having more than one expression is also kind of necessary, and believe me, he only has the one.

Martin - he was in The Office, a mock-documentary comedy about an - er - office. It was really funny!

Martin Freeman might work... I don't know. I just hope it's a good adaptation. With other films/books I wouldn't care as much, but here you have the radio series, the book and the tv show, and it'd be a shame to see such a list go to waste, just because they felt like adding a silly movie.

Latest update:

Here's Marvin:
hitchhiker_marvin.jpg

And here (drumroll please) are the very first images from the film!! In other words, the teaser!

Linky linky (get Quicktime, now!)

Looks brilliant, if you ask me!

Cheers

lies said:
I recently bought the BBC series at my local Waterstone's.

I've only seen one episode so far, and even though it does seem a bit, well, "dated", it's fun to see all the characters in action, so to speak.

Any of you Brits catch it the first time round?
Hehe, I like that movie, just that green monster scares me :( It's quite funny though.
We have it on DVD because we brought it for my dads birthday ;)

Back