• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the make friends thread!

I don't think I have missed the point :) Although it is certainly possible lol

I think you are saying reality is subjective. You are saying that everything I or anybody interperates as reality is totally subjective and altered by who they are and what they have experianced. This is branch of philosophy is known as Metaphysics. You may want to read Rene Descartes.

Is that your point?

But you was saying that blue might not be blue. This is a seperate argument becausae blue is ALWAYS blue no matter who you are or where you are. Even if you are colour blind, it is STILL blue because the laws of physics and everybody else say its blue. I think that's the point :)

Or AM i missing the point? lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: I HAVE read Van Gogh's letters. I love Van Gogh and he is my fav artist. So passionate and his letters are great. It's been a long time since I read them though. What about them? :)

Let me ask you guys this:

How the hell did a thread about friendship end up like this?!

Proceed, if you must.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Won't Jell'o be pleased we are having such an adult and serious conversation!

QUICK! Somebody spam this thread!!!! Where's Raven and Phill when you need them??????

Regards
SillyWabbit

That's it, I'm gone.

Can I count on you for defending my side in this discussion?

Yes? Good.

Someone long ago decided to label 'things'. It isn't blue, or it is blue; it doesn't matter, because it is.

That doesn't seem subjective, or objective, to me. Fucking labels. lol. I gave up reading philosophy long ago (the labels thing(y), annoys me).

I couldn't find the letter. He made a point kind of like that, only better than I did. I'm rather fond of him, myself.

Enema, I can see where you're coming from. Someone decided to call a chair a chair, and now everybody has to call that silly thing you sit on a chair, just because, well, it is.

I just don't see how you can relate this to your initial statement that misery is no real.

Misery: Mental or emotional unhappiness or distress.

Empirical observation of those around us and also sujective observation of our personal experience tells us that misery is real. You might as well say is love or anger real. Clearly it exists. How much we feel it, relate to it, understand it and experience will all vary. But it CLEARLY is a rea emotional statel and I don't see you have any agument that could say it is not.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Agreed, Wabbit.

Enema, I'll humour you. Yes, I wipe my own butt. Now amaze me with brilliant insights related to this.

Back