• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

the make friends thread!

If you have a letter...I guess it is okay and you aren't greedy. But wait, is it from a real doctor?

You still should have shared the pies. Everyone loves pie.

warm_enema said:
If you have a letter...I guess it is okay and you aren't greedy. But wait, is it from a real doctor?

You still should have shared the pies. Everyone loves pie.

Course it's from a real doctor. It was Dr Tiki Muffin, the reknowned witch doctor of Scunthorpe. He looked up my nose, fed me leeches, gave me tits a squeeze and pronounced me unfit for work and in dire need of offal.

And I can't share. It's a pathological condition I have. Litany doesn't play well with the other children.

Litany said:
Course it's from a real doctor. It was Dr Tiki Muffin, the reknowned witch doctor of Scunthorpe. He looked up my nose, fed me leeches, gave me tits a squeeze and pronounced me unfit for work and in dire need of offal.

And I can't share. It's a pathological condition I have. Litany doesn't play well with the other children.

But what kind of leeches were they?

Do the other children beat up Litany, alot?

You have no control of external sources, I agree. Yet you do have control over yourself. You may blame others for the way you feel. I think, you choose to feel this way or that way, because you want too. When you stop wanting to feel that way, it will stop.
So you're honestly saying that someone who was abused as a kid will feel depressed because they want to feel depressed? They don't want to go on with their lives, like 'normal' people, they want to be at home, crying all day, contemplating suicide, wondering what they did so wrong that they deserve to have their entire lives fucked up?

You're kidding me, right?

Cheers, Martin

warm_enema said:
But what kind of leeches were they?

Do the other children beat up Litany, alot?

I think they were Peruvian Jumping Leeches, but I might be wrong. They had a dappled appearance and a green stripe running down their backs.

The other children won't even come near me. I have a strange odour. And my skin is slightly tacky to the touch. The parents find me a little disturbing. There's a petition to have me ejected from the play group. :(

Martin said:
So you're honestly saying that someone who was abused as a kid will feel depressed because they want to feel depressed? They don't want to go on with their lives, like 'normal' people, they want to be at home, crying all day, contemplating suicide, wondering what they did so wrong that they deserve to have their entire lives fucked up?

You're kidding me, right?

Cheers, Martin

It is what they were taught to feel. Can they overcome it or not, I don't know. If they want to feel diffrently they will, if they don't they won't. Perhaps they learn to enjoy it or enjoy it already, they don't know anything else. They only become aware of something else when they start inter-acting with external forces, other than the ones presented.

Litany said:
I think they were Peruvian Jumping Leeches, but I might be wrong. They had a dappled appearance and a green stripe running down their backs.

The other children won't even come near me. I have a strange odour. And my skin is slightly tacky to the touch. The parents find me a little disturbing. There's a petition to have me ejected from the play group. :(

Those are quite rare.

An odour, what kind of odour? Tacky skin...hmmmmm. I'm sorry they don't love you and want to exile you. Perhaps if you shared the fucking pies with them, they would have.

It always comes back to the damn pies with you, doesn't it? Just get over it, Monkey Boy. No pies for you. Not now. Not ever. :p

Actually, in my experience, I would say that emotions are partially under your control. When a situation happens that makes you feel sad, you can choose to deal with it, ignore it, weep for awhile and then go do something else, etc.

And that doesn't even take into account the parts of emotions that are controlled by brain chemical malfunction. I can be depressed because something sad happened to me, or I can be depressed because my brain isn't producing the right mix of happy chemicals.

I suppose this thread could be split, but I'm enjoying the surreal quality it has now.

Sandra - I'll be your special internet friend for no fee, unless you live in Britain, then you have to send me Hob Nobs. :D

Ashlea said:
Sandra - I'll be your special internet friend for no fee, unless you live in Britain, then you have to send me Hob Nobs. :D

Hands off my pocket-sized chum. I bagsied her first.

warm_enema said:
Ashlea, you're pretty cool. Does it remind you of a Dali painting?

No, more like having a conversation with my mother and someone else at the same time, which is more Magritte, I'd say. (I think that's the right name :confused: )

Enema:
If they want to feel diffrently they will, if they don't they won't. Perhaps they learn to enjoy it or enjoy it already
Wow. And that brings me right back to my first conclusion. You've never experienced true misery. And don't say "I have", because you'll be trivialising everybody who actually has (if you haven't done so, yet).

I'm out of this discussion.

Cheers, Martin

There's a great Magritte sculpture in the museum here. A seated man, wearing a suit, cloak, and hat, only his head is an empty birdcage.

Martin said:
Enema:

Wow. And that brings me right back to my first conclusion. You've never experienced true misery. And don't say "I have", because you'll be trivialising everybody who actually has (if you haven't done so, yet).

I'm out of this discussion.

Cheers, Martin

You probably shouldn't judge people without knowing them; it looks rather ignorant on your part, at least to my eyes. You probably shouldn't tell people what to do, unless you are willing to die or kill for the cause. There was no need to make this personal.

People do keep running away from this thread. I'm beginning to wonder if it may have been posted on an unconsecrated grave.

You probably shouldn't judge people without knowing them; it looks rather ignorant on your part, at least to my eyes. You probably shouldn't tell people what to do, unless you are willing to die or kill for the cause. There was no need to make this personal.
Apologies if what I said looked like a personal attack, it wasn't meant as such. I just honestly believe that someone who has experienced misery would never ever say the things you said. Ever. It was meant in general, not towards you. I used the wrong words.

Cheers, Martin

Back