• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The official 2012 apocalypse thread

Personally, I like the concept of the end of the world coming in 2012. I'd like to know that my current run in the rat race will end in 4 years.

Do you think we could fool the zombies by feeding them people who think they're smart but aren't? We have a plethora of those roaming around the planet.

Type in "2012" on youtube and look at the weirdos it brings up. Perhaps we could feed THEM to the zombies?

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days; there are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end; bribery and corruption are common; children no longer obey their parents; every man wants to write a book and the end of the world is evidently approaching.
- Assyrian stone tablet, 2800BC

And while some kind moderator merges the two threads, can I just remark on this - while the article AQB links to seems well-written, how ridiculous it is that people actually have to explain why there won't be an apocalypse on a given date? What's next? "10 reasons unicorns aren't real"? "Exclusive report: Superman still fictional"?

And while some kind moderator merges the two threads, can I just remark on this - while the article AQB links to seems well-written, how ridiculous it is that people actually have to explain why there won't be an apocalypse on a given date? What's next? "10 reasons unicorns aren't real"? "Exclusive report: Superman still fictional"?

I know right. It's all in fun.

Done and done.

:whistling:

Learning to play the trumpet. I figure if the world is going to end, and if both Gabriel and Heimdall turn out to be fictional, someone needs to be sounding the signal and it might as well be me. And yes, I'm taking requests.

Since you are taking requests:

Dream a little Dream

I'll do a medley of "When the Saints" and "Number of the Beast", how's that? ;)

...and now that I think about it, it would be very easy to sing "Number of the Beast" to the tune of "When the Saints". Huh. I wonder if Iron Maiden know that.

I'll do a medley of "When the Saints" and "Number of the Beast", how's that? ;)

...and now that I think about it, it would be very easy to sing "Number of the Beast" to the tune of "When the Saints". Huh. I wonder if Iron Maiden know that.

I think it could work,something like opposites attract.

I personally think all this hype about the world ending is just plain stupid. How would an ancient civilization have known about the end of the world? Seriously. The world has been predicted to end so many times, it's starting to get really old.

Probably nothing new "Y2K" panic once again. But who knows, I could always wrong. The Mayan calendar ends on that date and the same is true of other former calendars, it is interesting, but I do not want to sit around worrying about it. According to an opinion poll, most of the voters believe that world will not end in 2012. It’s just another Y2K like Scare Myth.

Back