• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Therapy Thread

D: Novella, wake up. What are you doing in my hall?

N: Hi Doc. Oh. I just ate two slices of pizza and I lost my motivation. I lost my will to persevere. It all seems so pointless. So I decided to just lie down.

D: Get up off the floor. Come inside.

N: If Rommel ate pizza, he might have just stayed on his couch. Ever think of that? But I think they gave him saurkraut and bratwurst, which might account for a lot. I bet he couldn't wait to get on the road.

D: Are you interested in world history, Novella?

N: I like to know where things come from. Rhubarb comes from the Russian steppes. And the leaves are poison. So I wonder who figured out the stem wasn't poison, because it basically tastes disgusting unless you cook it and add a bunch of other stuff. The trial and error development of rhubarb cuisine must've been pretty long.

D: Hmm. Yes.

N: And angel food cake. That's like cake without the cake. Virtual cake. Looks like cake, bakes like cake, tastes like solid air. That was a useless invention. I only work on useful inventions.

D: What would you consider a useful invention?

N. Like a car with a telescoping back seat, so you can get into a little parking spot, but when you have company or a dog or something, you can telescope it out to sedan level. Like that.

good chance for me to ask Novella a question

Always have this question on mind:

Why I was fear to have a talk with you, even though I always have had this strong desire? I am serious. Aren't I brave to ask?:p

I guess you are brave to ask. It could be read as an awkward question, but I don't think a silly one. But I don't have an answer, only you have an answer to that question.

I miss your posting more often, as I'm sure many others do. I think you say a lot of very interesting things, often with an undertone of hidden meaning. That's cool.

I'm just a source of words, like anyone. Sometimes maybe I sound harsh to others, because in contrast to some others' 'style' mine is more direct and with a different motive. Maybe that's why. My motive is more about thinking some different thoughts for a few minutes at a time, like mentally getting up and taking a little walk away from what I am doing.

What's on your mind?

The last time I was in discussion involving religion someone complained and the thread was closed. I tried to put the other side of the discussion via email but did not get a reply.
I agree if you don`t want to talk about a subject you should not have to, but some one out there has to discuss subjects you don`t like otherwise the world won`t go around. I don`t like this 'pc' world, it is dangerous.
On a lighter side, we may not like talking about money but we all dream about it and how our lives will change when our lotto numbers come up next week. not.

Novella: Beliefs, beliefs. I believe in the talking cure. Once you say stuff, it exists. That's what they mean when they say everyone is their own god. At least that's what I mean when I say it.

Doc Smirk: You believe the talking cure will cure what, exactly?

N: Well, it's like praying, but without judgment and forgiveness. I mean, unless you put yourself in the position of judge and forgiver. But frankly, doc, if you did that, I wouldn't pay. I am the judge and forgiver of my own self. You believe in the power of my money to cure me. I believe in the power of words to fly from my soul into the fires of damnation or the clear ice of heaven, leaving my body safe and sound in this chair. But, you know what they say, words are eternal. That's true.

Doc: What about where they come from?

N: They come from history and they live in the social contract. I set them free into meaning and meaninglessness. I believe in the power of salt and fat and sugar to rob you of your will.

novella said:
I guess you are brave to ask. It could be read as an awkward question, but I don't think a silly one. But I don't have an answer, only you have an answer to that question.

I miss your posting more often, as I'm sure many others do. I think you say a lot of very interesting things, often with an undertone of hidden meaning. That's cool.

I'm just a source of words, like anyone. Sometimes maybe I sound harsh to others, because in contrast to some others' 'style' mine is more direct and with a different motive. Maybe that's why. My motive is more about thinking some different thoughts for a few minutes at a time, like mentally getting up and taking a little walk away from what I am doing.

What's on your mind?

awkward? ermm, why is that?

Honestly, I would not attribute my fear to your directive talking style. (I liked to feel the sharpness in your posting.) I thought it would be because I did not want you, especially you, to find out my naivety/silly/ maybe even stupidity if I really have a talk with you. I was afraid that I might make you feel bored, which would be the last thing I wanted to see. hehe. anyway. At the bottom, it was the fear of loss. So it would be safe not to touch, but stand still when something or somebody means a lot or important. ----sounds like an excuese.:(

Crystal, I see so often that you have two opposing desires: one, to be honest and bring insight to a conversation; two, to be self-effacing.

I think it would be an improvement to ask the self-effacing part to take a vacation. What you say is interesting and intellectual and unique, sometimes a little hard to understand, but that's okay. Don't worry about that. Maybe you worry too much.

leckert said:
ooohhhhh!!!

no antlers, but, still dead sexy!

Thanks, Flower!

Thought you would like her ears! :p

Also that it had to be a female since you are male, or am I mistaken about something here?? ;) so no beautiful antlers.....sooooory

Flower

Flowerdk4 said:
Thought you would like her ears! :p

Also that it had to be a female since you are male, or am I mistaken about something here?? ;) so no beautiful antlers.....sooooory

Flower

No, flower, you are not mistaken. I am male.

but the antlers are soooo prreeety!

N: Do you mind not sitting on my foot, doc? You're like a dog. Ouch.

D: Why did you put your foot on my chair, then?

N: I used to employ a little person to hold my foot up, but she quit. Actually, I didn't pay her, so she was technically a slave.

D: Why did she do that for you, if you didn't pay her?

N: Doc, not everyone is an avaricious meathead like you. She happened to think I was in charge of her. It was a very nice situation. I trained her up like that from birth, but then some whispering troublemonger got hold of her and told her I was taking advantage. Imagine. She made a bid for freedom shortly after. I left the apartment unlocked and she got away. I heard she's in a shelter for former foot-holders.

D: Why did you want someone to hold your foot up? Why didn't you just get an ottoman?

N: Don't knock it till you try it. A foot cradled in two tiny hands is a wonderful thing. The ankle really relaxes. It's butter.

(letter taped to the office door)

Dearest Novella and Leckert,

Our sessions from today forward will have to be cancelled, as you can probably determine by peering through the etched glass in front of you. See that body lying on the floor, next to the red-soaked, half-eaten sandwich? That's me, I'm afraid. And that's not roast beef on my head.

You see, after our last sessions together I discussed psychology within the hospital grounds with some peers of mine, and was then warned by the board to step down from my doctoring. It seems discussing what I do is not tolerated here at this hospital. Sad. I know. I feel for your money... I mean you guys, and I hope you understand my situation. I thought a hospital like this would be the proper place to discuss my medicine. I guess I was wrong. My life had to be taken to make things right again.

If the two of you still wish to talk, I'd be happy to listen... I just wouldn't be of much help providing diagnosis.

Sincerely,

(Illegible signature that looks something like a snake and some dots)

Dr. Smirky

N: Doc. Doc. Ugh. Get up! Here, sit in this chair over here. What are you doing? You really have to quit experimenting with this kinky stuff. Here drink this. It's Remy Martin. I keep a flask for emergencies. Look, put a band aid on that neck slash. There you go. Looking good. I'm worried about you. If you die, who'll buy the tissues?

Is anybody gonna eat that sanwich?

leckert stoops to the floor, next to Dr. SirMyk, thumbs the crust of the bread back, and examines the sandwich makings.

Looks like pastrami?

"mmm. nohp. rare rotht beeth", leckert splatters, lisping through a mouthful of stale bread an meat.

gulp, smack, swallow

Hey, novel lady... you got any milk? Or orange juice, maybe?

I'd put that back leckert, my dog sniffed at that sandwich a few days ago, and then backed away whimpring....

I was going to go hand out cv's in an attempt to gain employment(i'm still not sure if i want to work) but i messed up my cv and only realised after printing it out,early start tomorrow so i can carpet bomb shops and get some course work done!

My mind is dying,i completely forgot about one assignment which is due in a few weeks. I have a week off next week to focus on assignments so i'll get it done and dusted.

I was two days late handing in an elective choice form for my subjects next semester and he wants me to pay a 100 euro fine.

a) I do not have a 100 euro fine
b) I question on what authority he can do such a thing,it is not set down in the rules that you pay a finance fine

My purpose for the day was to go to education followed by job hunting ending with a doctors apt. but now i have few hours to kill.

hmmm book/cd shopping...........

ps. i <3 novella but in time i shall learn to hate you :)

Back