• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 5 Bands

Well, I've refrained from posting in this thread as I'll listen to anything from classical via jazz/swing to rap and nu-metal.

Anyway, 5 bands I've been in the mood for recently:

• Bowie (pre Post Card). Hunky Dory's still one of my favourite albums
  • Flaming Lips - the recent stuff (Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi
  • The Who - not a great fan of some of their recent performances though (listened to a concert of theirs on TV last year, and they did seem well past their prime. Still it was a lot better than Bryan Adams who also appeared, though the lead singer of Pearl Jam came on and showed them all up big time).
  • Nirvana
  • The Verve
  • I could list a load of blues artists, but that wouldn't be true to the 'band' thing. More recently, Eric Bibb's brought out some feelgoody stuff.

Now I have no idea whether you're being sarcastic :rolleyes: but there was a time when Nirvana's Smells Like Teen spirit followed by Blur's song 2 was a favourite combination of many a DJ :)

:mad: I am not being sarcastic! Nirvana are one of the few bands I like everything of, and I can't understand how anyone can't like them. Kurt Cobain is the person I'd bring back from the dead. Gah!!! Have I convinced you yet??? Or do we need a Nirvana themed scrabble comp?? :p

Well start reforming your character then. Or you shall be burned at the stake. Especially after that, 'I don't invent my own words' rubbish.

Well, know why I dont event my own words? I'm not a crazy delusional 45 year old. :p lol j/k

Nirvana is ok, but something taht really turned me away from them was the first song I heard by them (Cant remember the name).

Back