• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Top 5 Bands

Aarrgghh! Only your statement that he is neither miserable nor whining has saved you from our wrath, Freya. And he's not that old - 45-ish. *Sigh* Wait until you young whippersnappers get to that age, then we'll see whether you think it's old. :D

Halo said:
And he's not that old - 45-ish. *Sigh* Wait until you young whippersnappers get to that age, then we'll see whether you think it's old. :D

Personally I think that 45ish is an absolutely wonderful age to be. At 45ish a man (or a woman) is in his (or her) prime).

Maybe it's different where you're from. But I assure you, here it is Billys right as an old codger, to make up whatever words he chooses. And fart in public. Isn't that right Billy?

RitalinKid, I had a chance to read through the last few pages of posts (haven't had time to visit here very often). Our views on music are very very similar. :) I totally agree that nowadays you have to dig to find good music. I personally don't care how music is produced (electronically or not) as long as it's good music. And I never cared for music from the 80's either (except I do like Depeche Mode.)

As for "that" crowd - in my school (and the others in my area) people who listened to NIN, Soundgarden etc were weirdos. The ones no one knew what to make of. We weren't punk, we weren't bangers (rockers), we were "those guys".

Surely there's a vast difference between writing on a forum, which I consider to be fairly informal (and hence why I don't get too annoyed at 'thru', 'u', 'lol') and writing in your English classes, which ought to be formal, especially if it's being assessed.

Jenem, it's good to have a kindred spirit on the boards. Here's to being one of "those guys." I've always found it better to not be associated with any one crowd of people.

If you really like music (or if you like talk radio), I suggest Sirius satellite radio if it's available in Canada. I just got it, and I'm in love. What a great gift to myself! I found a promotional code (that doesn't work anymore) that gave me the equipment for free.

Happy Holidays to everyone. I probably won't be back on for a few days.

Yah, Jenem it's sorta like me. Me and my buds varen't really the "nerds" so say, or the jocks, cheerleaders, or the "popular guys" in our year. It's not like we're outcasts now, I get invited to too many parties to count (I guess its the free alcohol) lol

RitalinKid said:
If you really like music (or if you like talk radio), I suggest Sirius satellite radio if it's available in Canada. I just got it, and I'm in love. What a great gift to myself! I found a promotional code (that doesn't work anymore) that gave me the equipment for free.

Haven't heard of it, but I will look it up. Thanks!
BTW - Family Guy rocks!

Drizzt - LOL I guess you're having a good time in the next week or so!

I will also be gone from here (but I always am for extended periods of time). Have a safe and happy holiday season everyone :)

Back